Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2022, 9:37 am

Problems posting and loading the last few days, especially today.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

07 Mar 2022, 10:45 am

When you connect to WP you actually connect to a Cloudflare system, providing a global presence with servers dotted all over the place, so I think performance delays are more likely to be temporary routing issues somewhere between you and your nearest Cloudflare node.
https://www.cloudflare.com/what-is-cloudflare/

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 9:32 pm

Cornflake wrote:
When you connect to WP you actually connect to a Cloudflare system, providing a global presence with servers dotted all over the place, so I think performance delays are more likely to be temporary routing issues somewhere between you and your nearest Cloudflare node.

Duuude! Get rid of the freaking Cloudflare already! It's doing more harm than good. It's locking out legitimate members. It's causing unnecessary outages with its self-inflicted DDoS attacks. And it's total garbage! Fire Alex for using it to begin with!

Hey-hey! Ho-ho! The Cloudflare has got to go!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 9:52 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
Cornflake wrote:

Duuude! Get rid of the freaking Cloudflare already! It's doing more harm than good. It's locking out legitimate members. It's causing unnecessary outages with its self-inflicted DDoS attacks. And it's total garbage! Fire Alex for using it to begin with!

The mods have no power to get rid of Cloudflare. That is up to Alex the founder of this site who makes very infrequent appearances these days.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 10:37 pm

Trump should fire himself, too!

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2022, 4:59 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Trump should fire himself, too!

That's why Covid got made in that lab. ;)

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

27 Apr 2022, 5:02 am

Ahem - over here, please: viewforum.php?f=20

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2022, 7:35 am

At least we haven't had so many of those advertisements for sexual enhancements or whatever----you Mods have done an excellent job in this sense.

In general, the BanHammer has really been a potent force.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

27 Apr 2022, 8:30 am

:lol: You don't know the half of it!
It's a constant background task, lopping off spammers and other ne'er-do-wells - this place seems to act like a magnet for them.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2022, 8:35 am

I rarely have any Cloudflare issues.  I cannot remember when the last time was that I had to select all the boats, busses, bicycles, fire hydrants, or nude cheerleaders from a 4x4 matrix of images just to edit a post.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2022, 9:08 am

Fnord wrote:
I rarely have any Cloudflare issues.  I cannot remember when the last time was that I had to select all the boats, busses, bicycles, fire hydrants, or nude cheerleaders from a 4x4 matrix of images just to edit a post.

The last time was a few days ago. It varies. For certain periods it is constant, then it is quiet for awhile.

I have never gotten the nude cheerleaders one though. If I did I would not complain :wink:.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2022, 10:17 am

If I use a lot of quotes, or if my post is especially long, I get the thing where I have to choose the boats, hydrants, etc. This happened to me once about a week or two ago.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2022, 12:53 pm

Cornflake wrote:
It's a constant background task, lopping off spammers and other ne'er-do-wells - this place seems to act like a magnet for them.

It's a byproduct of autism awareness. It's now common knowledge that naiveness and gullibility are common traits of autism. While it the past, it was something only school bullies knew when they picked a victim. They obviously didn't know autism by name, but they did know who'd make a "good" victim. Today, almost everyone has heard of autism. So it's not surprising that this site gets targeted: those people know they'll have a higher success rate here.

In other words, we're in the "awareness danger zone": people know enough to exploit, but not enough to accept. It's similar to where LGBT's were in the 1990's.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 11:14 am

As if we don't already have enough problems with CloudFlare, can we at least drop them for supporting KiwiFarms?

I don't feel comfortable knowing that WP gives money to a company that refuses to take action against one of the most dangerous, toxic websites on the Internet.

Especially when WE are their main target.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 12:04 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
As if we don't already have enough problems with CloudFlare, can we at least drop them for supporting KiwiFarms?

I don't feel comfortable knowing that WP gives money to a company that refuses to take action against one of the most dangerous, toxic websites on the Internet.

Especially when WE are their main target.

Kiwi Farms - Wikipedia
Quote:
Kiwi Farms, formerly known as CWCki Forums (/ˈkwɪki/), is an American Internet forum dedicated to the discussion of online figures and communities it deems "lolcows" (people who can be "milked for laughs"). The targets of threads are often subject to doxing and other forms of organized group trolling, harassment, and stalking, including real-life harassment by users.Harassment stemming from Kiwi Farms has been implicated in the suicides of three people targeted by users of the site

People Are Demanding That Cloudflare Drop Kiwi Farms

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 26 Aug 2022, 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 12:07 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
At least we haven't had so many of those advertisements for sexual enhancements or whatever----you Mods have done an excellent job in this sense.

In general, the BanHammer has really been a potent force.

I just sent them some dick pics. They're now convinced we're all beyond enhancement. 8)

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う