Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2022, 10:00 pm

Lately I've been wondering about several things, one of these things being, have I ever actually been attracted to another human being? I can see a person and find them attractive, but does that mean I am attracted to them? Nope. I like sex just fine, but I don't know that I've ever been physically attracted to someone I've had sex with. Physical attraction seems irrelevant to me when it comes to relationships/potential partners. I'm more concerned with compatibility, be it in life or in bed. So long as I'm on the same page with someone, I could not care less about how they look. They could be hot or hideous to the casual onlooker, either way I'm going to feel the same amount of attraction (none). I have no idea how to be concerned with such things.

I've known people who only feel attraction once there is a connection. I can't really connect with others (not yet, maybe never will, who knows) so I don't fit into the demi spectrum. I don't think. I honestly don't know a lot about demisexuality.

My sex drive does fluctuate between liking it a lot to not at all, and I kinda figured that first part knocked me out of the ace spectrum (at least sometimes). But then I came across this...

"Cupiosexual, previously known as Kalossexual, is a micro-label on the asexual spectrum. Cupiosexual is defined as someone who does not experience sexual attraction but still desires/likes a sexual relationship. Cupiosexuals are commonly sex-favorable but they do not have to be. Cupiosexual may also be used by individuals who sometimes feel sexual attraction but desire a sexual relationship even without attraction."

That sums me up nicely. Neat.

So, now I'm curious, anyone around here relate?

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2022, 11:06 am

For awhile I identified as cupioromantic, which is the romantic equivalent of cupiosexual. But after awhile I switched to just aromantic but not romance-repulsed.

lovelyanathema
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Apr 2022, 6:58 pm

I identify as cupioromantic too, because I'm aromantic but still wanna be in a romantic relationship because it seems nice.