Page 5 of 12 [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 11:15 am

DeepHour wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
An unnamed autism forum that Raleigh mods and Isabella is a member of... how intriguing.

If that's the site I think it is, I was briefly a member (and probably still am), but was a bit put out when my first ever post (in the forum games section) was deleted, presumably by a mod, apparently because it was accompanied by an innocuous joke. Never felt much like returning.

What's the name of the place?

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 11:45 am

^ Autismforums, which I think used to be called 'Aspiescentral'. Please note that Raleigh is not a moderator there.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 11:48 am

DeepHour wrote:
^ Autismforums, which I think used to be called 'Aspiescentral'. Please note that Raleigh is not a moderator there.
Not under THAT name.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 5:30 pm

DeepHour wrote:

I've been a member of that one for years.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 5:45 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
DeepHour wrote:

How does it compare to WP?

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 5:55 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
DeepHour wrote:

No nasty people there. The admin there considers WP an example of what they don't want AF to be like.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 6:05 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
DeepHour wrote:

No nasty people there. The admin there considers WP an example of what they don't want AF to be like.

Then...why are you here?

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 6:13 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Then...why are you here?

For the same reason one climbs a mountain, because it's there.

Pat.C
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Jul 2022, 11:23 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
DeepHour wrote:

I was once a member there. It's really stifling. It has the worst mods I've ever seen. Everything is moderated to the nth degree. They take issue with the most basic things. You can't make a joke. You can't talk to a friend, about something as harmless as a tv show, without some OCD Mod rushing in and erasing things. It's all very strange, what's allowed and not allowed. No freedom of expression whatsoever. Autismforums a terrible site. They'll' ignore, egregious things from others, like the mods will indulge these depressed incels and their depressing topics, that is tolerated, edgelords openly boasting about their trolling exploits, that is tolerated, yet they decided to heavily censor a friendly discussion between myself and another member! They delete two friends posts, one because it was about Australian Politics, the other I forget. But they are awful. And countless other things like that. They routinely delete and sanitize posts. They will rewrite your post, if they don't like it. It's ridiculous. I've never seen anything like it. It's got new ownership, But I see people complain about ads. They seem to be all about the money. With little respect for people, and a lot of condescension. Their site is just bunch of crap. And I would never ever go back there EVER.

WP site seems so much better in comparison. The only thing that stopped me from abandoning it right away, was the few people I liked there.

Nobody likes me. It's all my fault. I never get a text. Never ever get a call. I cry all the night. Makes me sad, makes me mad. Way too late can't can't make up for it now. All the hate has built up. Sigh. People hate me a lot, People hate my family, People even hate my dog Spot!! ! Yes, even Spot!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 1:26 pm

The only way to have a ‘Utopian’ website is with strict authoritarian micromanagement. Sadly, this always results in an echo-chamber environment where everyone thinks alike and all but a few narrowly-defined topics are allowed.

WP has an environment that is more than good enough for almost everybody, except for those few who seem to want to turn this website into a massive pity-party in their honor, those few who want to drive off all those whose politics are to the left of the extreme right, or those few who seem to want to turn this website into another misogynistic Incel forum.

We cannot let any of that happen here.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 2:09 pm

DeepHour wrote:

I'm a member there (not under my WP username) but not a mod.
I found the site quite creepy, if it's the one I'm thinking of (I'm on a lot of forums).
People would "follow" you, which I found disconcerting, and there was something like "karma" points if you were a good little autistic and stayed suitably boring.
Anything contentious was frowned upon.
I like WP second best of all the forums I'm on, but I'm also biased. :D

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 2:31 pm

Raleigh wrote:
... but I'm also biased. :D

and Dyslexic :hail: Image

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2022, 7:16 am

Most likely the tone of https://www.autismforums.com/ is stringent regarding appropriate content, is because it appears to operated by those who own/run https://www.christianforums.com/. For whatever reason I tend to forget about AutismForums but I'm quite prolific on ChristianForums, so I'm pretty used to those kinds of guidelines. Really what it comes to is not being allowed to talk trash and use profanity.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2022, 9:42 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Really what it comes to is not being allowed to talk trash and use profanity.

Where's the fun in that? :wink:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2022, 1:10 pm

I believe autismforums is a place where former WP members go to because they were not happy here, they felt people here were too mean and stuff. So they go there instead. People who see insults in anything and think anything is bullying and misinterpret any tone as meanness or rudeness, etc. those people I'd rather avoid because they will gaslight you unintentionally. If you think everyone is so mean, maybe the issues is you not them. They even had an entire thread on WP and they talked bad about members until one of the mods locked it.

I can't imagine living life thinking everyone out there I see is mean and interpreting everything people say and do as a hidden motive. Sounds exhausting.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2022, 2:27 pm

I find it interesting that the complaints on WP about AF is that it's too strict. And the complaints on AF about WP is that it's too unruly.