Page 3 of 12 [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2022, 12:20 pm

I do it to illustrate how angry or worried I am. I want people to know the extent of what I'm feeling. I'd use emoticons but the ones here aren't 'powerful' enough, for example this emoticon :x doesn't really give out much rage or anger. The emoticons on my phone don't work on here, if I use them my post won't submit. But those are the emoticons that express how you really feel. So on WP I've just got to use words instead.

I do use the haven to rant or panic, so if people don't want negativity then they can just avoid the haven. I suppose I should put a "trigger warning" sign at the top of my post.
The things that I'm sensitive to are posts saying about autistics being thrown in nazi camps. I feel that is a little extreme to just bring up even though it doesn't involve extreme emotions. And most posters express little to no panic at all.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2022, 12:28 pm

Joe90 wrote:
And most posters express little to no panic at all.

Just because of likelihood. If it's a realistic fear it makes perfect sense to freak out about, but if it's very unlikely there's other, less dramatic but more likely things to worry about.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2022, 12:32 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
And most posters express little to no panic at all.

Just because of likelihood. If it's a realistic fear it makes perfect sense to freak out about, but if it's very unlikely there's other, less dramatic but more likely things to worry about.

It might be down to me hating being autistic, so if there's even a hint of a threat of me being singled out and punished, no matter how unlikely it may happen, I get really angry and panicky and I need to express it.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2022, 12:43 pm

Things that force you to acknowledge being autistic do seem to be triggering to you. It's understandable when that intersects with and you will be targeted for it that it can be hard to manage those worries.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2022, 3:29 pm

Autistic people are not being sent to "Nazi"-type camps.

People sometimes exaggerate just to make some kind of point.....or just to exaggerate.

I hope all is going well on your job.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2022, 6:32 pm

Also since my mum passed away I've been even more emotional, as in having an impulsive urge to spew my feelings out online. I don't mean to, it's just a spur of the moment thing.

I could be worse, I could be personally attacking people here, but I don't have it in me to do that (except if someone personally attacks me first I may stand up for myself). It's not like what a (NT) friend of my aunt's did to her the other day. She sent a really nasty text to my aunt over something trivial, and I mean it was really nasty and very unnecessary. She did apologise a couple of days later and said that she was just in a bad mood at the time and morally objected to something my aunt had done and so dealt with it by impulsively insulting her.

I would never do that to a friend no matter what mental state I'm in.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2022, 8:10 pm

You could be "personally-attacking people"----but you don't. It's because you know personally-attacking people is just not right.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2022, 2:37 pm

I don't know why anyone would take offence to you when you are venting a genuine dislike of your own disability. Its not as if you are an NT venting hatred towards disabled people.

I'm pretty sure that most people with a disability get frustrated with themselves from time to time.

WP is meant to be a safe place for autistic people to talk about their issues and if one of those issues is hating that they have autism then you ought to have the freedom to express that.

God knows there is plenty of bashing of other sections of society that goes on here.

I actually think you would make a decent mod one day Joe but I'm not sure you're ready for it yet.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2022, 5:31 pm

babybird wrote:
I don't know why anyone would take offence to you when you are venting a genuine dislike of your own disability. Its not as if you are an NT venting hatred towards disabled people.

I'm pretty sure that most people with a disability get frustrated with themselves from time to time.

WP is meant to be a safe place for autistic people to talk about their issues and if one of those issues is hating that they have autism then you ought to have the freedom to express that.

God knows there is plenty of bashing of other sections of society that goes on here.

I actually think you would make a decent mod one day Joe but I'm not sure you're ready for it yet.

Yet? I've been here for 12 years! :lol: (Just joking with you) :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2022, 8:19 pm

I've been here for a while, too.

There's no chance I will be made a Mod here.

You probably have a better chance than me :)

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2022, 7:36 am

Joe90 wrote:
babybird wrote:

Yet? I've been here for 12 years! :lol: (Just joking with you) :lol:

I know you was.

But seriously though, in my experience of being on WP the best mods remain impartial and they also share very little about their personal lives whilst still being able to have a fair and well balanced presence on the boards.

It's just my opinion but I don't think you have reached that balance yet. That's not to say you can't be a mod at this time but if you want to be a mod you might as well be a good one.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2022, 5:38 pm

I was a Moderator for a while. I did well in the beginning. I was worried that I would screw up because I'm a very sensitive person. I had a friendship go down on WP and I wasn't up to the task anymore. I couldn't do it today.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2022, 1:00 am

If I could rule this site I would only delete posts if they are a personal attack against another member or are expressing unpleasant hate on a group of people. Otherwise, general racial stereotypes and racial opinions would not be deleted, as I would not make this site too politically correct. I believe in free speech. I hate political correctness. Just hate it so much.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

23 Jul 2022, 5:41 am

! Cornflake wrote:
Some off-topic political trolling has been removed.

This is not the thread for grandstanding opinions - there is an entire forum available for that, if the urge becomes irresistible.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2022, 10:19 am

Tact and consideration go a long way!

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2022, 7:26 pm

I'm a moderator on another forum for autistic people.
The forum isnt like WP.
The most I've had to do is issue a gentle reminder or answer some questions, although there can be some heated debate at times.
I've never had to ban anyone. Yet.