Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Brainiac42
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2022, 2:04 pm

I often obsess over my interests, which I know is common here. But, something that affects me greatly in life is my obsessions over particular instances, and worrying. For instance, I’ll worry about having to bail on a friend, and mention it to my girlfriend 10+ times, “Am I a bad friend?” “He’s going to think I’m flaky.” “I’m a crappy friend.” I’ll also obsess over other various things and keep bringing it up over and over to my mom/partner. Sometimes certain things just get stuck in my head and I can’t stop talking about them. It’s like it fluctuates between my interests, or something I’m worried about and I feel like I need to mention it constantly.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2022, 2:32 pm

Probably common among autistics and ADHD and anxiety. I do this too. I don't get special interests but I do get obsessive over things I worry about and talking about them makes me feel better.

They say autistic people can't express their feelings or are uncommunicative about their feelings, etc, but I don't fit this stereotype at all. I've always been open and expressive about what's on my mind and it is a necessity to share it with people, maybe too much. But I just can't bottle it all up.

You can talk about it here, as it's easier because people can choose to read or not read, where as talking about things to people in person feels more like a burden on them (it shouldn't be but it sometimes is). It is not wrong to talk about your feelings to people though.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2022, 10:41 pm

I have no idea...im weird autistic, like peeps on this board but not.

cant take anything seriously for mor than 5 mins...

I care but sometimes peeps are too serious for me

I have compassion but get confused easily

don't worry so much

the fact that you care means you can't be a bad person....or you wouldn't care at all xx

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2022, 10:46 pm

case in point I have compassion for your problem but am distracted right now by mu missing tickle

I had it earlier...i have a tickle but not the one I'm looking for

ill come back later when I have found the missing tickle

in the meantime do not be down on yourself

I don't like it

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2022, 10:53 pm

if you need to keep mentioning something it is unresolved in your mind....

I still can't find the missing tickle

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2022, 10:54 pm

I am autistic with an intellect...makes for weird

I switch in and out

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2022, 10:55 pm

I am most perturbed over the missing tickle

but could write you an a grade essay if I wanted to...

go figure

Brainiac42
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2022, 12:19 am

Earthbound_Alien wrote:

go figure

Is a tickle a thought or an object?

I also love writing essays.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Mar 2022, 3:55 am

Brainiac42 wrote:
I often obsess over my interests, which I know is common here. But, something that affects me greatly in life is my obsessions over particular instances, and worrying. For instance, I’ll worry about having to bail on a friend, and mention it to my girlfriend 10+ times, “Am I a bad friend?” “He’s going to think I’m flaky.” “I’m a crappy friend.” I’ll also obsess over other various things and keep bringing it up over and over to my mom/partner. Sometimes certain things just get stuck in my head and I can’t stop talking about them. It’s like it fluctuates between my interests, or something I’m worried about and I feel like I need to mention it constantly.
My girlfriend is very much like this. She may be on the autism spectrum but there are lots of mental things she could have so we're not sure if she is or not. We are both very sure she has OCD thou & OCD could potentially explain obsessive worrying & needing to constantly talk about it. OCD is a common comorbid with autism & it can sometimes be very difficult to determine exactly what is due to autism, what is due to OCD, & what is due to both disorders playing off each other.
I have OCD along with autism & I've had phases where I worried & would mention it constantly to whoever would halfass or pretend to listen. Getting on an OCD med & getting in a better mental place stopped that behavior for me.
Cass's mental stuff can fluctuate a lot & her obessive worrying & complaining is a bit better when her anxiety is.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2022, 3:58 am

Brainiac42 wrote:
Earthbound_Alien wrote:

go figure

Is a tickle a thought or an object?

I also love writing essays.

object...piece of silky material I rub