Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2022, 8:47 am

The term of legal insanity is problematic, because delusional criminals can understand the criminal charges against them, but were not tested accurately, and of course they do understand the criminal charges against them, they are adults, but the question of legal responsibility comes when there is even more evidence to suggest that they are delusional.

I think that definition of Not Criminally Responsible should be:

1) Irrational understanding of the consequences of their actions, due to severe neurodevelopental disorder

2) Might understand the nature of their actions, but had command hallucinations

3) Delusions clouded the judgments to make right legal decisions.

Although insanity defence is rarely successful, I am sure there are a little bit more people that are in prison but should be NCR

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2022, 8:48 am

A severe neurodevelopental disorder is just an example, it can be any mental and neurological disorder that causes irrational understanding of the nature of your actions.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2022, 4:42 pm

I have been wondering if some people are supposed to be NCR, they committed killing and hidden and bodies, but not because they understand the consequences of their actions, but because they don't want anyone to interfere with their delusions. Those types of delusional criminals are very intelligent, but hiding the bodies for the most part is an indacator that you know right from wrong, but in extremely rare situation, that is not always the case. As I watched those documentaries, most of those delusional criminals are very intelligent.

But those documentaries I watched is a little bit old, the reason why it's old, it's because those cases are rare, and statistically most people with mental health and neurodevelopmental disorders are more likely to be victims than being perpetrators.