Game B Meets the Dark Renaissance w/ Jim Rutt, Zak Stein, Al

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2022, 10:32 pm

Another lead balloon probably but I'm enjoying what they're trying to do, and I think the did a good job picking Zack as sort of the center of the wheel to moderate and connect (he's written some great articles for Daniel Schmachtenberger's 'The Consilience Project').

They're chewing on the boiler plate questions - ie. core suppositions, places we return to (the fall from grace and redemption mythos for example and all the ways that's been spindled and mutilated through realpolitik).

Anyway for anyone whose into this kind of thing (ie. me and maybe one other person I can probably name but won't):

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2022, 9:02 am

'Game B And Dark Renaissance,' Terms Specific to the Ideologies Being Discussed

That For Those Who Refuse to Delve Further to Find Out What They Mean May

Just ask For Plain English,

And if They Don't Get
Their Way, Move on
Again to the
Endless
Loop
of How
They Define Reality
Based on Their Experiences So Far...

In Other Words, the Lack of the Curiosity
A Child Has that May Lead to Acts of Original
Creativity, Even Before They Speak in Terms of the Silence of Dance

That Brings Beauty of Song; Yes, Something New, Original, And Creative Indeed;

Hehe, in this Case, For A Child Without Much Intelligible Verbal Intelligence it May

Be the Music

of Joy
At Core

In An Unintelligible

Song That Brings Inhaling
Peace And Exhaling Love
For Life Naked, Enough, Whole, Complete...

Anyway, i Score 100 Percent on Open Minded Ways
of More 'Liberal' Thought As that Applies to Both Mind
And Body Organic Soul Balancing For Real that of course

is associated with 100 Percent Extroversion too; i have Close
to Zero Neuroticism And it Wasn't Always this way in my Life;

i've Grown, i've Evolved, i've Integrated the Intellect With the Art

With the More
Feral

Animalistic

Reptile Brain
Parts of my Life too...

i Agree With the 'Dark Renaissance'

Ideology That We Must Integrate All Natural
Parts of Our Being to Become the Most We Can and
Will Become as Human Beings Who Cooperate With Healthy

Competition That Becomes Collaboration For More Healthy Well Being

Conditions Of Existence; Hehe, Yet Rarely Does Anyone Discuss this in the
'Real World' Where i am from; i Enjoy The Minds, Bodies, And Overall HeART,
SPiRiT And SoULS of Every Human i Meet online All Around the Globe; Usually i am

Part of a Larger Venn Diagram Than They are part of; Just Because i Have The Flow And
Minutes of the Day, Without As Many of the Daily Parts of the Grind to Make a Living Most Folks Have....

And That's Okay;

As i surely Didn't Start
Out With this Privilege Either;

Spending of Course Decades in the
7 Day a Week Wash, Rinse, Dry Routine

of Barely Living At All; Just Surviving and not
Even approaching 1 Percent of the Human Potential
i've Pursued Since 53 Years of Life then; It's Never too early

As Far as i Sense, Feel, and Know, so Far, to Make Today the Best

Day of Our Lives;

Hehe, As the 'Beatles'

Sing, "A Day In the Life"

Always Living life as A New Beginning

Now For Further Evolution and Progress of Human Potential;
Hehe, i Know Better than to Expect Some Single Group to Lead me though...

Free Association For Creativity Means Opening Up All the Presents of Life...

There Are Many Presents, Hehe, And That's why in a few Seconds, i Researched the
Terms and got the 'Cliff Notes' of the Video And Consumed the Major Points in a Few more

Seconds that Affirmed
or Disagreed with What

i've Already Learned or Intuited about
Life; With of Course Always New Associations

To Evolve Further in Human Potential by Excluding No New
Ideas and consuming them in the Most Efficient Manner Possible...

i've Always Enjoyed Your Contributions Here; Yet i am Here to Expand As
A Human Being; Not Just to Prove What i Already Know in Life is Correct Now...

Of Course Almost Always, i Exist in a State of Autotelic Flow; Naked, Enough, Whole
Complete As That Relates to All Parts of my Being Integrated Now DarK Thru LiGHT...

Simply A Practice of Dance And Song
Yet More Complex Than Any
'Computer Programmer'
Will Ever Program to Be;

i Really Don't
Have anything
Left to Win; Yet
A Whole Lot more
To Learn, Do, And Become...

And Yes For those Folks Who Do Not Develop
More Than The Average Science Assessed Attention
Span of Less than a Gold Fish; Yes, Less than 3 Seconds;

They Are Pretty Much Already 'Dead in the Water' to Come Close to
Reaching Their Human Potentials; Without The Ability to Focus With
Attention Span;

The Game is
Already Lost
A, B, And the DarK
Parts From Ever Becoming
Integrated Now; Naked, Enough, Whole Complete...

A Three Year-Old Child May Be More Advanced Than an Adult this way;
Price of Commercial Advertisement Life That Mostly Stimulates 'Reptile Brain Response.'

Note: This Website No longer works With Safari 15.0 And Above on Apple Products Now
to Show Embedded YouTube Videos; i Usually Provide the Links Now as it Doesn't Seem Apple Wants
to Fix The Backward Compatibility With the Function of the Older 'Code' of this "Wrong Planet" Website...

i Still Have an iPhone6s With 14.8 That Works; and An Older MacBook Pro That Works as Well; Still Holding
Out for Now With my Newer iMac; Yet Sooner or Later, i'll Have to Upgrade For Functionality in Other Areas online...

A Work-Around, is Quoting Old Posts to Get the Link And Paste the Address to Open it Up on Youtube; Yet Alas with

Average Attention
Spans of Less than
3 Seconds; Very Rare
Anyone Will Take that effort...

Like Finding Cliff Notes to Learn Something New...

The Downfall of Humanity May Come to Something As Simple
At Core As Reduced Attention Spans Among Human Beings; As That

in Regard to All Levels of Human Competency to Create, Produce, And Cooperate...

Like Coming Here And Folks Saying YouTube is Worthless As it's Not All True, How
Small
Minded

Indeed that is;
Or Always TL;DR,
Or Too Complicated
To Research and Learn Something New...

That's Truly One Way to 'Materially Reduce' Human Potential...

Or Something As Simple As Someone Not Understanding Why
i Make a Noise Like a Gorilla When i make a Max Effort in Strength
Training; As that Simply Triggers the Fight or Flight Response And

Innervates
More Muscle Fibers

in A Very Controlled
And Temporary Manner,
Where i Don't Become Exhausted
From the Associated Stress Hormones...

So Much to Take Advantage of in this Life
With An Open Mind and Body Indeed; Still Exploring...

Still Improving, Gaining Empirical Measures of Human Potential too, Always Now...

https://ogrose.substack.com/p/notes-on-game-b-a-dark-renaissance?s=r

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2022, 5:26 pm

I find it both interesting and bewildering how these guys always seem to look for a total solution to everything, and this new and total solution always includes a new religious myth - as one guy put it, the kids would grow up knowing "god" is all around them. And I'm not understanding it as a religious god, but some form of total spirituality that encompasses everything. Because, you know, their diagnosis is kids today are nihilistic and therefore depressed. .... but I honestly think the supposed nihilism is just the coping mechanism for the disappointment of the commodification of everything - the nagging feeling that that thing you like doing are interested in is worthless, because it can't be turned into money. Why play an instrument, draw something etc. if you can't turn it into a job. - and if you do turn it into a job, it turns out you are no longer free to create, but there's an algorithm you have to fit into - not a gallerist or any gatekeeper who you can impress, talk into stuff, bribe, etc. but an algorithm.
Oh, and while you're trying to impress the algorithm 24/7, the world keeps steering towards catastrophe. But averting catastrophe isn't a job that pays the bills.

it's not that I totally disagree with most things these guys say, but I find their focus on myths and beliefs so offputting, when there's hands-on financial pressure on everyone, all the time.

also, why is the dark renaissance "dark"? what are they trying to re-birth?.... Cthulu?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2022, 5:54 pm

shlaifu wrote:
.... but I honestly think the supposed nihilism is just the coping mechanism for the disappointment of the commodification of everything - the nagging feeling that that thing you like doing are interested in is worthless, because it can't be turned into money. Why play an instrument, draw something etc. if you can't turn it into a job. - and if you do turn it into a job, it turns out you are no longer free to create, but there's an algorithm you have to fit into - not a gallerist or any gatekeeper who you can impress, talk into stuff, bribe, etc. but an algorithm.
Oh, and while you're trying to impress the algorithm 24/7, the world keeps steering towards catastrophe. But averting catastrophe isn't a job that pays the bills.

That's something Game B wants to wrangle some breathing room out of. What I do see is that our accounting of value right now is still brutally basic, functions okay for companies producing widgets, bureaucracies, and governments for accounting but its eaten the social fabric and as you said - it makes recreation a non-starter if you have so little time to not be chasing money or do much of anything, heaven forbid, that doesn't raise your social status in the earnings sense.

I'm going to say something wide-eyed and orange-pilled on this as well, I do think that just the sheer amount of smart contract proliferation that we'll be seeing (to the energy sector, to just about anywhere that you want to scrounge up accounting data but so far haven't because doing so would be a really expensive PIA), alt-coins might be able to handle a lot of the failed accounting that we've had in the traditionally less traceable areas which means the algorithm might get a little more circumspect over time and less brutally centered on fastest easiest profit while ignoring externalities.

shlaifu wrote:
it's not that I totally disagree with most things these guys say, but I find their focus on myths and beliefs so offputting, when there's hands-on financial pressure on everyone, all the time.

But this stuff frames people's preconscious assumptions and you can see how much time John Gray spent beating on the myth of progress as a Christian heresy, in parallel they talk as well about just how much this makes pursuit of infantile states or even falling for demagogues.

shlaifu wrote:
also, why is the dark renaissance "dark"? what are they trying to re-birth?.... Cthulu?

I'd have to assume they mean that their renaissance won't be televised. Intellectual Dark Web OTOH got enough surface that it was hard to call it 'dark' for very long.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2022, 8:16 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
shlaifu wrote:
.... but I honestly think the supposed nihilism is just the coping mechanism for the disappointment of the commodification of everything - the nagging feeling that that thing you like doing are interested in is worthless, because it can't be turned into money. Why play an instrument, draw something etc. if you can't turn it into a job. - and if you do turn it into a job, it turns out you are no longer free to create, but there's an algorithm you have to fit into - not a gallerist or any gatekeeper who you can impress, talk into stuff, bribe, etc. but an algorithm.

That's something Game B wants to wrangle some breathing room out of. What I do see is that our accounting of value right now is still brutally basic, functions okay for companies producing widgets, bureaucracies, and governments for accounting but its eaten the social fabric and as you said - it makes recreation a non-starter if you have so little time to not be chasing money or do much of anything, heaven forbid, that doesn't raise your social status in the earnings sense.

I'm going to say something wide-eyed and orange-pilled on this as well, I do think that just the sheer amount of smart contract proliferation that we'll be seeing (to the energy sector, to just about anywhere that you want to scrounge up accounting data but so far haven't because doing so would be a really expensive PIA), alt-coins might be able to handle a lot of the failed accounting that we've had in the traditionally less traceable areas which means the algorithm might get a little more circumspect over time and less brutally centered on fastest easiest profit while ignoring externalities.

yeah... that sounds great, but the plan to make everything tradeable doesn't sit well with me. Of course, it looks a lot better than what we have now, but putting a price tag on absolutely everything makes non-fungible things fungible. It allows taking any other considerations completely off the table.

And of course, I'm scared of a time where I'll be paid fractions of cents on socialmedia per upload, or per "engagement". Right now, I don't have to consider that as a possibility for income, so I don't. But at some point, I might be expected to spend sunday afternoons generating instagram posts....

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
shlaifu wrote:

But this stuff frames people's preconscious assumptions and you can see how much time John Gray spent beating on the myth of progress as a Christian heresy, in parallel they talk as well about just how much this makes pursuit of infantile states or even falling for demagogues.

fair enough. I get this impression that they are trying to *design* a counternarrative to the protestant ethic from scratch....

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
shlaifu wrote:

I'd have to assume they mean that their renaissance won't be televised. Intellectual Dark Web OTOH got enough surface that it was hard to call it 'dark' for very long.

oh THAT'S where that comes from. I thought they were all trying to be cool and associate their youtube channels with, well, heresy, censored and classified information - dangerous knowledge, etc.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2022, 7:45 am

shlaifu wrote:
yeah... that sounds great, but the plan to make everything tradeable doesn't sit well with me. Of course, it looks a lot better than what we have now, but putting a price tag on absolutely everything makes non-fungible things fungible. It allows taking any other considerations completely off the table.

We're screwed pretty much and only have a list of less-bad options. Doing otherwise would be reaching into the universe and remodeling the laws of physics in a way where we don't have to compete to stay alive.

shlaifu wrote:
And of course, I'm scared of a time where I'll be paid fractions of cents on socialmedia per upload, or per "engagement". Right now, I don't have to consider that as a possibility for income, so I don't. But at some point, I might be expected to spend sunday afternoons generating instagram posts....

I'd just let myself be homeless at that point if social media whores ruled the world, or at least I'd be sleeping with a spiked bat in case any entitled teenagers (whether 17 or 50) decided it was perfectly okay to beat me up or urinate on me based on my status. It's planet of the apes and I don't rule any of this out.

shlaifu wrote:
fair enough. I get this impression that they are trying to *design* a counternarrative to the protestant ethic from scratch....

If you were listening to Jim closely though, they can't, he knows they can't, he's been telling people for a long time that the purpose of Game B is for random people to hold open a space and throw anything against the wall. I think they're trying to find minimal framing rules for that space but outside of that it seems like they're considering that its a 'wisdom of crowd' thing that will germinate it, it's just that they really want that particular seed-crowd to be one that takes seriously complexity theory, multipolar traps, biological imperatives, etc. from a 2022 level of available knowledge.

shlaifu wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
shlaifu wrote:

oh THAT'S where that comes from. I thought they were all trying to be cool and associate their youtube channels with, well, heresy, censored and classified information - dangerous knowledge, etc.

So I said... what you said... just with less 'pizzazz'.