25 Most Popular College Majors (2022).

Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 3:40 am

Yeeeah, that's no bueno.

Shows ya where the gaps are & opportunities to exploit, though!

Sciences/healthcare, engineering, skilled trades etc will all be in higher demand and pay better than general paper pushing jobs will - especially if the number one degree program is business admin.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 1:43 pm

jkwon23 wrote:
I wish more people majored in the STEM fields such as engineering.
I chose electrical engineering (sophomore --> junior) as my academic major because of the flexibility in career options and the high salary potential relative to other jobs.
A Pro about having a dearth of STEM majors is that it is much easier for people with STEM majors to find jobs with high salary potential.
In countries such as India, a disproportionate number of people major in engineering and the STEM fields, so the job market is much more competitive.

What can I say?
I am grateful that the probability that I can have a high-paying job is higher than if I lived in India. Let's be positive here.

Until you realize that the foreign graduates are coming over to take those jobs from you. Many companies look overseas for talent because they can pay those workers less than the ones here for the same amount of work. The competition does not stop in India, it is on a world stage. Sorry to be a downer, but that is the reality in the STEM workplace.