Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ksat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Mar 2022, 4:33 am

I was banned for an unknown reason I've created a new account to post this I will not be using it as I'm not trying to break any rules just understand why I get a message saying

my username was ksatdesign and I set it up last night as my old username which I forgot was banned for I think it may have been something about my ip I was guessing it was something due to blocking ip blocks due to spammers I've emailed alex in the past (a few years back now) didn't get a response I assumed he was busy and didn't follow it up last night I set up the new one it worked and then I got this message logging in today

You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

A ban has been issued on your username.

I have no idea why I don't think I've ever posted on this forum just read it if I've somehow done something to warrant banning then by all means block me but I dont see how I breached any rules

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Mar 2022, 4:37 am

Your old username was interpreted as an advertisement for a company.
This is against the anti-spam policy.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

ksat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Mar 2022, 4:42 am

thank you that makes so much sense I feel stupid for not realising it

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2022, 12:38 pm

I remember the time someone was banned from here right after they created their account because they had the word "fetish" in their username when they just have a thing about ducks as their interest. I told her to just create a new account then and everyone else suggested it could have been because of the word she had in her username. Mistakes happen. The problem is Alex never reads his emails from here so you are forced to open a new account here violating one of the rules here. Plenty of people here have opened a new account here despite having a previous account. I think the purpose of that rule is to just keep people from creating multiple accounts and posting under all of them as sock puppets. Some people will create one to defend themselves to make it look like they have support.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.