Irish P.M. tests positive, was in room with U.S. leaders

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2022, 8:14 am

Irish Prime Minister Michael Martin tests positive for Covid while in D.C. to meet Biden

Quote:
Irish Prime Minister Michael Martin tested positive for Covid on Wednesday night and had to leave the Ireland Funds Gala event, where he was photographed sitting maskless beside Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

Few could be seen wearing face masks at Thursday night’s gathering at the National Building Museum, where President Joe Biden delivered remarks onstage for roughly 15 minutes. He left the event after his speech. Pelosi, 81, who appeared to be having a conversation at the dinner table with Martin, is second in line behind Vice President Kamala Harris in the presidential line of succession.

POLITICO asked the White House about Martin’s location at the event and whether reports that Biden interacted with the prime minister before the gala’s dinner started were accurate. According to the timeline from press pool reports, the president was at the event for roughly 30 minutes between arrival and taking the stage. It’s not clear what Biden was doing, or who he was interacting with, during that time.

In response to questions, the White House said it didn’t “have anything further to add.”

The White House announced on Tuesday that second gentleman Doug Emhoff had tested positive for Covid — the first known case of the virus in the first and second families since they took office in January 2021 — which kept Vice President Kamala Harris from attending an event with Biden on Tuesday evening.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman