10 years ago, where did you think your life was going?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2022, 12:23 pm

Nowhere, but I didn't know I had autism and instead of dealing with my PTSD I was trying to drown it by getting high and drunk all the time. I thought I was just a garbage person(and that I should have been the one killed in the incident that gave me PTSD).

Things are much better now.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2022, 7:10 pm

10 years ago i had no idea where my life was going. today, i know i am headed for the off-ramp, am 10 years closer to that point.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2022, 7:12 pm

When I was 11 I didn't think my life would be anything like it is right now, and that's not a good thing. 11 year old me would be horrified to see me now. I thought I would have accomplished a lot more and improved a lot more than I actually have.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2022, 7:33 pm

Nowhere.

I was undiagnosed and in the midst of what I now know is autistic burnout. I had no idea how to think about anything more then the next 24 hours or so.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2022, 9:56 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
When I was 11 I didn't think my life would be anything like it is right now, and that's not a good thing. 11 year old me would be horrified to see me now. I thought I would have accomplished a lot more and improved a lot more than I actually have.

join the club, bro. i have not lived up to what was supposed to be my potential, not by a long shot. it is like i've just been spinning my wheels or treading water in-place instead of making any progress. i'm now near the end of my natural lifetime, no sense ruminating on it anymore. oh well, there's always the next lifetime...