The Wuthering Heights related novels

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2022, 5:01 pm

Have you read any of those? How did you like them?

I am rereading now the novel by Miss Bronte (one of those six books I ordered, using the voucher I had won in an online contest for the best movie review - my "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" review even got the title of The Review of the Week on that website :D) and I discovered that there are actually quite many books that relate to Miss Bronte's novel on many levels. I personally read only two - "Heathcliff: The Return to Wuthering Heights" (this work chronicles Heathcliff's mysterious three-year disappearance from The Wuthering Heights), as well as the "Return to The Wuthering Heights" one (the sequel to The Wuthering Heights). Those are the only novels that got translated into my native tongue. I even discovered, while researching the subject, that there is even an erotic fiction work, entitled "The Wuthering Nights" :D

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 3:42 pm

And maybe someone here writes their own fanfiction concerning "The Wuthering Heights" characters and their adventures? :)

I also saw on the Internet two books about The Bronte family, but written by Polish authors and not translated into English; I would like to read them :)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 10:17 pm

Ha - I just saw this.

No Irulan, I don't write fanfiction.

I've read H, but not the sequel.

This is a gem though, if you can find it:

Academics and Wuthering Heights fans are descending on the Brontë family homestead for an Emily Brontë conference. Among their ranks are a single, over-sixty, self-professed expert on the Brontës; an overworked wife, mother, and university lecturer; a widower sustained by nocturnal visits from Emily's ghost; and a young waitress suddenly drawn into the curious orbit of academia. Each looks forward to a weekend in the company of kindred spirits, but none is prepared for the unexpected conflicts and unpredictable alliances that result.

Four Dreamers and Emily is the United States debut of an acclaimed British novelist -- a sharply observed, hilarious, and bittersweet send-up of academic pretentiousness and literary obsession.

Four Dreamers and Emily - Stevie Davies (1996)

Congrats on your winning review and for getting the book voucher!!

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2022, 6:23 am

Its an Emily bronferance
(Sorry)