Cross your fingers, eyes, toes & testes for good luck for me

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2022, 6:15 pm

Arranged to go test drive a car tomorrow morning. If it's in as good of shape as they claim And I can fit in it just fine (I'm tall, the car is small) And we agree on a fair price.. I'm gonna buy it.

Always liked the look of these little cars since they came out and have told friends that if I ever buy myself a gay little car, this is the one. (I'm gay, I can say that to my friends.)

It's a 2 owner car and the 2nd owners haven't really driven it, it's just collecting dust in underground parking. The only real flaw I can see in photos is a cracked plastic lens over the tachometer - cheap fix. Low kms, top looks like new, manual. Not sure if it has any of the few options they came with that year or not - and not really overly concerned about that. It's priced about right for what it is and if I get it for a little less than asking then there's a very low probability that I could really ever lose any money on it reselling it. I've never had a car of this brand before, or style, colour, convertible, collector status.. a bunch of firsts if I pick it up.

More Hints: It's a roadster, less than 25 years old But qualifies for collector plates.

Any guesses? Or just gonna cross everything for good luck in hopes it works out for me and I buy myself an early 40th birthday present? :mrgreen:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2022, 6:59 pm

It should be a Miata since that's always the correct answer for what sort of car should I get.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2022, 7:34 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
It should be a Miata since that's always the correct answer for what sort of car should I get.

lol nope!

But all the reviews for these cars basically say "If you're looking for a car like this And want it to perform better and be more fun to drive on a track.. buy a Miata instead." But that's not why I like them nor things I care about - I like the look of this car.

Besides, my best friend/boss has a red ~1990 Miata with collector plates on it that I can take out for a spin if I want to. When the next couple cars on order arrive he has a fleet of 12 different cars, soooo - there's plenty of opportunity to drive a variety of things.. gas, diesel, electric, cars, truck, vans.

But if I do buy this ride tomorrow I won't really have a reason to take his Miata out as I'll have my own gay little car to drive on days I don't ride the motorcycle. :)

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2022, 7:43 pm

Good luck!

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 1:54 am

blazingstar wrote:
Good luck!

:heart:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 11:21 am

No more guesses besides Miata? C'moooon, guessing games are more fun than that. :p

There are only a handful or so of possible options that fit the description, really - if that many. Shouldn't be thaaaat hard to guess.

OR, what's more likely is that no one here really cares. :lol:

Meh, not gonna rain on My parade! I'm excited and really do hope this car comes home with me. 8) Then the biggest challenge is where to park it.. I mean, I can easily park it outside at home or work, but finding covered parking is a much bigger challenge.. there's only one indoor parking spot at home and my mom uses it for her car typically - but at the moment that spot is full of flooring materials going into my brother's condo renovation so no one parks inside. Indoor parking at work is possible, BUT, the boss man is trying to get rid of extra cars and employees' cars - kick 'em all out and free the space for business use as we end up needing more and more of it.. and my father already has an extra classic car parked inside there that Cannot be parked outside since water leaks inside it somewhere when it rains and I don't want to really push my luck and piss my friend/boss off by taking advantage of the place And setting the example that it's okay to keep bringing stray cars inside when really I know his objective is to kick ~5 employees' extra cars out of the building that are just there taking up space mostly, especially since we're about to have a lot of renovation work done And since we'll need the space for more work/business related cars & work pretty damned quickly. I just don't wanna sit this car outside forever and have the convertible top ruined by sun and snow. I suggested to my mom that a convertible might take up the space inside and her response was that it was a good thing I may be looking for my own place. :lol: She's not wrong, but I'm not moving until/unless I have to do so for one of my God sons in a tense living situation who wants out of an awful home life. (Complicated; may require many months or years of persisting/possibly going to family court etc so I can't count on going and renting a place with covered parking Right Now.)

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 6:15 pm

I care because it makes you happy. I just don’t know one car from another. (and have very little interest in learning.)

OTOH, I can identify plants, trees, butterflies and birds. :heart:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 6:20 pm

^haha!

Test drove it, nothing majorly wrong but needs some maintenance things done that could cost a few grand. So, I’m interested but not at full asking price. I’m gonna make an offer and negotiate - but the owner may be firm on more $ than I want to pay in which case nah, pass.