Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 4:27 am

When I go to the pub I usually have bud light which is low strength at 3.5 percent.

I know most of you guys don't drink but the question I am asking is how long it should it take for me to drink a pint? An hour maybe? I usually aim to have 4 pints on a night out.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 6:31 am

There's no rules that say how long it should take to drink a pint. Some people sip and some people just neck it.

Personally for me I can't sip a drink and I struggle to make a drink last. When I used to drink pints of lager I reckon it would last me about half an hour.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 6:46 am

babybird wrote:
There's no rules that say how long it should take to drink a pint. Some people sip and some people just neck it.

Personally for me I can't sip a drink and I struggle to make a drink last. When I used to drink pints of lager I reckon it would last me about half an hour.

okay thanks for the info

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2022, 6:04 pm

The bottles of beer I drink are usually 500 ml, so not quite a pint, but on average I make one last around 45 minutes. Almost always use them as a 'prop' while watching a dvd or YouTube.

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2022, 6:22 pm

I don't have an answer for you, but I'm curious--please forgive me if I'm butting in. Why are you timing yourself, and why do you "aim" to drink any given amount, unless you're trying to cut back?

Again, my apologies if I'm being nosey. Feel free to ignore me! :D

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2022, 6:46 pm

Four beers would last me 5-10 minutes and would be the warm-up. :lol:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2022, 6:47 pm

i can't even drink booze. :|

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2022, 1:57 am

KimD wrote:
I don't have an answer for you, but I'm curious--please forgive me if I'm butting in. Why are you timing yourself, and why do you "aim" to drink any given amount, unless you're trying to cut back?

Again, my apologies if I'm being nosey. Feel free to ignore me! :D

yeah I am trying to cut back that's why I am aiming to drink a set amount

I also drink weak strength beer to

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2022, 8:08 am

The fastest bolter on the planet is retired Peter Dowdeswell, who can chop a pint in 0.45 seconds.

Peter Dowdeswell, born in London on 29 July 1940, is an English gourmand. He is among the most successful competitive eaters in the recorded history of the sport.  During the period when the Guinness Book of World Records kept data, Dowdeswell held more speed records than any other person, including records for the drinking of ale and the eating of eggs (hard-boiled, soft-boiled, and raw) and Cheddar cheese.

Dowdeswell accomplished most of his feats for charity, he says, rather than for record-breaking or insatiable hunger.  Dowdeswell raised over £4.2 million for charity through eating and is renowned for being the father of record breakers.

He has appeared on several shows, including: David Letterman, This Morning, Jon Richardson's: How to Survive the End of the World and others.
-- Wikipedia

munstead
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2022, 8:13 am

Jamesy wrote:
When I go to the pub I usually have bud light which is low strength at 3.5 percent.

I know most of you guys don't drink but the question I am asking is how long it should it take for me to drink a pint? An hour maybe? I usually aim to have 4 pints on a night out.

A bud light? I would take as long as it takes for the serving staff to remove it from my table after last orders, or as long as it takes for a drinking companion to realise someone has made a terrible mistake and offers to get you another tipple.

In all seriousness, it definitely depends on the beer in question. Cold refreshing lager vs a strong dark ale would have v different drinking times. A cold lager would not taste very nice after about 20 min, especially if you are warming the glass with your hand.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2022, 8:56 am

munstead wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

A bud light? I would take as long as it takes for the serving staff to remove it from my table after last orders, or as long as it takes for a drinking companion to realise someone has made a terrible mistake and offers to get you another tipple.

In all seriousness, it definitely depends on the beer in question. Cold refreshing lager vs a strong dark ale would have v different drinking times. A cold lager would not taste very nice after about 20 min, especially if you are warming the glass with your hand.

Yeah it does tend to not to taste nice in 20 mins

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2022, 2:51 am

Jamesy wrote:

I thought bud light was four point two percent so u may want to factor that into things I could be
Wong

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2022, 5:12 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

I thought bud light was four point two percent so u may want to factor that into things I could be
Wong

according to the app I use for my pub its 3.5 percent strength and 152 calories

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2022, 8:11 am

Jamesy wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Wong

according to the app I use for my pub its 3.5 percent strength and 152 calories

Oh okay is that by weight or by volume because in Texas it’s four point two by volume

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2022, 8:14 am

Google reckons bud light is 4.2% volume.

I had a nice beer the other night actually and that was about 3.5% volume.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2022, 8:18 am

babybird wrote:
Google reckons bud light is 4.2% volume.

I had a nice beer the other night actually and that was about 3.5% volume.

oh okay I guess the pub app I use must be wrong then.

I will confess last night I did drink more than I planned. I do get nervous socially which I might drink a lot of beer to get more confident.