Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 10:53 am

1 dead, at least 24 shot, including children, at Arkansas car show

Quote:
At least 24 people were shot, including children, at a car show in rural Arkansas on Saturday night. At least one person has died, according to police.

The shooting took place in Dumas, about 90 miles southeast of Little Rock, at about 7:30 p.m. local time, according to Arkansas State Police.

Finch said police have a person of interest in custody but continue to investigate whether more people may have been involved.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 5:22 pm

Gunfire at Arkansas car show leaves 1 dead, 27 wounded

Quote:
A person who left the scene of the Saturday evening shooting has been arrested on unrelated charges and is being questioned about the shooting in Dumas, a city of about 4,000 located about 90 miles (144 kilometers) south of Little Rock, Arkansas State Police Col. Bill Bryant said.

“All we know at this time, there was two individuals that got in a gunfight,” Bryant said at a Sunday afternoon news conference.

The car show is part of a community event held each spring called Hood-Nic, which is short for neighborhood picnic.

The event, which helps raise funds for scholarships and school supplies, also included a bonfire, a basketball tournament, musical performances, a teen party and a balloon release.

"The purpose of Hood-Nic has always been to bring the community together," the foundation said on its Facebook page. "This senseless violence needs to end."

Cameron Shaffer, 23, of Jacksonville, Arkansas, was killed in the gunfire, Bryant said. He said authorities have no indication that he was involved in the gunfight.

Six people under the age of 18 who were wounded by gunfire were taken to Arkansas Children’s Hospital in Little Rock, according to a spokeswoman. Most had been released as of Sunday afternoon.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2022, 1:55 pm

They have made an arrest.
https://www.dps.arkansas.gov/news/arres ... -shooting/
It’s a shame this happened, this is a great community event that brings people together.
The Hood-Nic.
https://www.deltaneyo.com/about