Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 2:10 pm

Comprehensive Western sanctions against Russia fuel Chinese xenophobic thinking.

This is a very influential semi-official media outlet in China. They hired different political science professors to decipher international relations.

The title is: Why does the West want to impose comprehensive sanctions on Russia?
This is a long video without English translation. My brief overview is as follows:
1. Russia's sanctions are a rare all-out war in international sanctions
2. This phenomenon may be related to the concept of civilization, heresy and racism in the Western world
2.1 In ancient Greek culture, not all human beings were regarded as people.
2.2 In Christian culture, heretics and infidels need to be persecuted.
2.3 In the development of capitalism, racism and social Darwinism are very prevalent.
3. The Western world manipulates the definition of people through racism and heresy trials. When Russia gets in their way, they disqualify Russians as people and make Russians pariahs.
4. The political factions in the United States are too fragmented, and different forces will participate in different parts of the sanctions to show loyalty.
5. This overreaction will push Russia towards China.

Related, unofficial but popular online opinion on the matter:
China is more different from the Western world than Russia . When a conflict arises, the Western world may treat the Chinese in even worse ways.

To prevent disputes. I don't agree with that view..
Does this appear objective to people from other cultures?

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

Last edited by SkinnedWolf on 21 Mar 2022, 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Mar 2022, 2:59 pm

SkinnedWolf wrote:
8O Wow.
Thanks for sharing.
The answer: No. It's absurd.

The sanctions have nothing to do with anyone being "less people" than others. We would love to do business with Russians but what Russians are doing is completely unacceptable. The agreed rules were to respect national borders and independence of states. These rules are being horribly violated.
The sanctions are about us not wanting to be next under Russian attack - while trying to avoid World War III and nuclear holocaust that military confrontation could bring.

Cheers from East Europe!

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 3:50 pm

SkinnedWolf wrote:
Not at all.

It appears as mere Chinese propaganda against "The West" in general, and America in particular.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 3:58 pm

Fnord wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
Not at all.

It appears as mere Chinese propaganda against "The West" in general, and America in particular.

I feel the same.

Political discussions on Chinese-language networks only consider the United States or the Five Eyes alliance.
One group devoted to describing China's rivalry with the United States frequently uses the term "Anglo-Saxon bandit."
The group has gained more support as more news of sanctions against Russian individuals has been reported.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 4:01 pm

SkinnedWolf wrote:
Fnord wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
Not at all.  It appears as mere Chinese propaganda against "The West" in general, and America in particular.
I feel the same. . .
Good.  We do not need any more members promoting anti-American sentiments on this website.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 4:09 pm

Fnord wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
Fnord wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
Not at all.  It appears as mere Chinese propaganda against "The West" in general, and America in particular.
I feel the same. . .
Good.  We do not need any more members promoting anti-American sentiments on this website.

If there is a misunderstanding. I mean, it does look like it's just propaganda.

In the web I'm more familiar with, that anti-America would involve racism. This is what I am totally against.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 8:07 pm

Fnord wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
Fnord wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
I feel the same. . .

How about a rule against disparaging ANY nationality? Although it seems to me I've seen at least as much anti-Chinese sentiment expressed here as anti-American.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 8:38 pm

SkinnedWolf wrote:
Comprehensive Western sanctions against Russia fuel Chinese xenophobic thinking.

This is a very influential semi-official media outlet in China. They hired different political science professors to decipher international relations.

The title is: Why does the West want to impose comprehensive sanctions on Russia?
This is a long video without English translation. My brief overview is as follows:
1. Russia's sanctions are a rare all-out war in international sanctions
2. This phenomenon may be related to the concept of civilization, heresy and racism in the Western world
2.1 In ancient Greek culture, not all human beings were regarded as people.
2.2 In Christian culture, heretics and infidels need to be persecuted.
2.3 In the development of capitalism, racism and social Darwinism are very prevalent.
3. The Western world manipulates the definition of people through racism and heresy trials. When Russia gets in their way, they disqualify Russians as people and make Russians pariahs.
4. The political factions in the United States are too fragmented, and different forces will participate in different parts of the sanctions to show loyalty.
5. This overreaction will push Russia towards China.

Related, unofficial but popular online opinion on the matter:
China is more different from the Western world than Russia . When a conflict arises, the Western world may treat the Chinese in even worse ways.

To prevent disputes. I don't agree with that view..

I find propaganda "interesting". 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 8:41 pm

magz wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
8O Wow.
Thanks for sharing.
The answer: No. It's absurd.

The sanctions have nothing to do with anyone being "less people" than others. We would love to do business with Russians but what Russians are doing is completely unacceptable. The agreed rules were to respect national borders and independence of states. These rules are being horribly violated.
The sanctions are about us not wanting to be next under Russian attack - while trying to avoid World War III and nuclear holocaust that military confrontation could bring.

Cheers from East Europe!

Don't *you* be absurd.
pootin simply wants to bring the "family" back together again. <satire> :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 8:43 pm

SkinnedWolf wrote:
Fnord wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
Not at all.

I feel the same.

Political discussions on Chinese-language networks only consider the United States or the Five Eyes alliance.
One group devoted to describing China's rivalry with the United States frequently uses the term "Anglo-Saxon bandit."
The group has gained more support as more news of sanctions against Russian individuals has been reported.

BTW, Aren't you concerned about Chinese officials finding out what you are posting online?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 8:45 pm

Fnord wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
Fnord wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
I feel the same. . .

<cough> Eisenhower's Death Camps. <cough> :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 8:47 pm

MaxE wrote:
Fnord wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
Fnord wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
I feel the same. . .

How about a rule against disparaging ANY nationality? Although it seems to me I've seen at least as much anti-Chinese sentiment expressed here as anti-American.

Emigrate to Australia.
You will change your mind quick smart. 8)

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 8:50 pm

Pepe wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
Fnord wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
Not at all.

I feel the same.

BTW, Aren't you concerned about Chinese officials finding out what you are posting online?

I'm just translating, not making up, and not choosing deliberately. The relevant information is open to any foreigner. Several well-known foreigners are active on several platforms related to the above information.

Don't think of censorship as a very scary thing.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 8:56 pm

SkinnedWolf wrote:
Pepe wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
Fnord wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
Not at all.

I feel the same.

I'm just translating, not making up, and not choosing deliberately. The relevant information is open to any foreigner. Several well-known foreigners are active on several platforms related to the above information.

But you are going against the official government narrative.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 9:12 pm

Pepe wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
Pepe wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
Fnord wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
Not at all.

I feel the same.

But you are going against the official government narrative.

Is this a big deal? I am not from North Korea. 8O

As an individual, it's okay to have a variety of political views. Just don't make up lies and let too many people believe.
I have seen some Chinese people make very bizarre and direct anti-government remarks. They were in no danger.
My friend's father thought in 2021 that "it's a lie of the government that the epidemic in Wuhan has subsided" and that all Wuhan people are actually dead. After he posted to social media and gained attention, local police educated him for an afternoon. Then he went home.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 10:16 pm

MaxE wrote:
Fnord wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
Fnord wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
I feel the same. . .

So, not bagging Russia for killing thousands of Ukrainian civilians?
OK. 8)