Bronx mom, boyfriend charged with murder of her autistic son

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2022, 7:45 am

New York Post

Quote:
A Bronx mother and her boyfriend were charged on Monday with the murder of her 8-year-old son over nine months after the autistic boy died at a hospital, police said.

The charges come less than a week after little Joseph Barney’s death was ruled a homicide, as a result of battered child syndrome.

The mom, Sharay Barney, 29, and her 33-year-old boyfriend Michael Ransom, were also charged with manslaughter and aggravated Manslaughter, cops said.

Last June, the mother brought her son from their Williamsbridge home to Montefiore Medical Center in an Uber, cops and sources said.

Cops responded to a call from the hospital’s emergency room and found the boy unconscious and unresponsive.

The boy, who had no obvious signs of trauma, was pronounced dead at the hospital.

He had been taken to Montefiore multiple times before with indications of child abuse, police sources have told The Post.

The boy was only 30 pounds at the time of his death. The average 8-year-old should weigh around 50 pounds, according to the CDC.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 22 Mar 2022, 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2022, 7:47 am

There might be room enough for two in that chair.

TwisterUprocker
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Mar 2022, 1:09 am

Anyway to make this a federal crime?