Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2022, 4:58 pm

Does The Joker have Erotomania?

After watching Batman, I analyzed Joker's behavior and his belief system, I wondered if he has Erotomania. He is so obsessed with Batman and thinks that Batman is in a relationship with him. His thinking and obsessions about Batman is pathological.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2022, 5:03 pm

Joker is fictional.  His behavior is designed to imply obsession with Batman.  Their history is intertwined, with Joker having been "created by Batman.

"Erotomania, also known as de Clérambault's Syndrome, named after French psychiatrist Gaëtan Gatian de Clérambault, is listed in the DSM-5 as a subtype of a delusional disorder.  It is a relatively uncommon paranoid condition that is characterized by an individual's delusions of another person being infatuated with them." -- Wikipedia

I think what you think erotomania means is not what erotomania means.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2022, 7:58 pm

It's not a real psychology and it's not from real life.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2022, 1:57 pm

FranzOren wrote:
It's not a real psychology and it's not from real life.

The word "erotomania" has the word "erotic" embedded in it. So you can tell that the word has something to do with sexuality. If you're a regular dude in Bumfuck Michigan, and you imagine that Princess Kate has a crush on you, and longs to leave that Prince guy for you, then you may well have "erotomania".

Conceivably Joker could be homosexual, and could be deluded into thinking that Batman has a gay crush on him. But I dont think that that is what you mean.

Joker sees himself has being locked into a vendetta with Batman. Or something like that. Havent seen the movie. Just the Sixties TV show. So it wouldnt be a romance based relationship (delusional, or real)that he has, or imagines that he has, with Batman. So it would be something other than "erotomania".

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2022, 3:32 pm

It could be something similar to Erotomania.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Apr 2022, 7:30 am

It seems quite possible that The Joker has a delusional disorder but I highly doubt it would be Erotomania. I would guess Grandiose &/or Persecutory.

https://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/gui ... l-disorder

Grandiose :arrow: This person has an over-inflated sense of worth, power, knowledge, or identity. They could believe they have a great talent or made an important discovery.

Persecutory :arrow: Someone who has this believes they (or someone close to them) are being mistreated, or that someone is spying on them or planning to harm them. They might make repeated complaints to legal authorities.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2022, 7:13 pm

It makes sense.