Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Mar 2022, 8:13 pm

I'm nonverbal but I'm not feeling well. I'm really anxious. I'm numb. Everything is distorted. I'm trying to cope. My parents aren't home. I'm with a cousin. She understands but I just feel embarrassed.

It's hard to collect my thoughts. What should I do?

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2022, 5:38 am

I probably saw this too late to help. Having an understanding person with you is good. Self care always first. I needed to learn the very early signs of anxiety and distress and to find ways to de-escalate as soon as I recognized the signs. I needed help to figure out what those signs were. Now I can recognize as soon as I start getting distressed, I can begin to do something to avoid more stress and distress (find ways to change what I am doing, where I am, who I am with, or whatever is distressing). Hope you are doing better now

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2022, 5:31 am

How does it feel to be non-verbal? Like what actually stops you from talking like how you write posts online?

Not criticising or judging, I'm just curious.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2022, 8:45 am

Talking is overrated by society

Some precious lil "people" act like every thought and emotion that goes through their heads are the latest greatest scientific inventions

Then when noise pollution comes out of my beak, they half listen and grunt "huh" and "what" like they are the etiquette equivalent of "excuse me "

If you don't want or need to talk please do not let anyone peer pressure you to talk

Maybe they talk too much and too loud

Sometimes they give me a headache