Getting called in multiple times a week?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Mar 2022, 8:49 am

I already came in Sunday, last minute when I got called in last minute and had to cancel some plans I had cause it was a actual emergency. I was given another day off, with how they really don't like to give people overtime. I didn't do anything on my day off as I've worked long shifts the other days I worked. I was left in charge of the store a day the store manager was really sick and had to go home. I just got back from a walk this morning to the assistant manager, texting me to ask if I could come in and close because she couldn't? I'm not salaried or on call so I'm starting to get really mad fast. I'm paid the same as a regular employee just full time with benefits, i'm about to go look for another job.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2022, 10:50 am

"Full time, with benefits," is something many people are shooting for.

I'm sorry you're going through this crap.

Make sure you get "benefits" with your next job.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2022, 11:08 am

If you're not on the clock don't answer. They're not paying you to be on-call.

In many areas it's illegal to harass employees outside of work hours.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2022, 11:12 am

funeralxempire wrote:
If you're not on the clock don't answer.  They're not paying you to be on-call.  In many areas it's illegal to harass employees outside of work hours.
But if you are "on call", you should be paid for setting your social lives and family needs aside to wait by the phone for a call that may never come.  Some companies pay as much as an extra 2 hours of regular pay per day during your "on call period" just to assure you will come in when called.