Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Mar 2022, 7:52 pm

Dear mom and day its just been a really rough day and week in general. I already got called in once last Sunday last minute when they needed a extra hand which made me cancel my dnd group. They tried to call me in again, yesterday which I refused as I just needed the day off. I didn't sleep well at the news, that I'd be in charge the whole weekend and had to go in early today. It was just me and three other people, no manager I kind of got stuck doing stuff that's not my job. Things were going okay and I even ordered a pizza to try and keep everyone's spirits up. My coworker went on break, and that's when things got hectic. I had a older guy come in to do a exchange and he got a movie, within 10 minutes he came back wanting a refund. I tried to explain he couldn't exchange it or get a refund as its not policy for nonclothes. Him and his wife started raising their voices at me and I had to call the district manager to get ahold of someone, to ask what to do about the situation at hand. I had to call her twice to make sure I was doing things wrong and not breaking any policy. It ended up in the commotion, i had rung up wrong and done it like he bought it so I had to call the dm again to have it fixed. I trying not to cry at this point, as I realized the pizza was late too and when my coworker came back, I called the store and asked about it sounded like there was a mix up but they acted like I was rude when the delivery driver, came back with bacon which we didn't order. We might have a call to corperate too, as there was a misunderstanding when a woman walked into the bathroom to change, me and the other woman in the back thought that maybe she was shop lifting so kept a eye out. It turned out the other girl working had given her the okay to do this. I went home and really had a good cry the day I've had

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2022, 10:59 am

angelofdarkness wrote:
Dear mom and day its just been a really rough day and week in general. I already got called in once last Sunday last minute when they needed a extra hand which made me cancel my dnd group. They tried to call me in again, yesterday which I refused as I just needed the day off. I didn't sleep well at the news, that I'd be in charge the whole weekend and had to go in early today. It was just me and three other people, no manager I kind of got stuck doing stuff that's not my job. Things were going okay and I even ordered a pizza to try and keep everyone's spirits up. My coworker went on break, and that's when things got hectic. I had a older guy come in to do a exchange and he got a movie, within 10 minutes he came back wanting a refund. I tried to explain he couldn't exchange it or get a refund as its not policy for nonclothes. Him and his wife started raising their voices at me and I had to call the district manager to get ahold of someone, to ask what to do about the situation at hand. I had to call her twice to make sure I was doing things wrong and not breaking any policy. It ended up in the commotion, i had rung up wrong and done it like he bought it so I had to call the dm again to have it fixed. I trying not to cry at this point, as I realized the pizza was late too and when my coworker came back, I called the store and asked about it sounded like there was a mix up but they acted like I was rude when the delivery driver, came back with bacon which we didn't order. We might have a call to corperate too, as there was a misunderstanding when a woman walked into the bathroom to change, me and the other woman in the back thought that maybe she was shop lifting so kept a eye out. It turned out the other girl working had given her the okay to do this. I went home and really had a good cry the day I've had

All I can really say is that if you're put in charge, act like you're in charge. Don't be afraid to piss people off due to "bossing them around". If your boss complains I guess you can always find another job somewhere. Not easy advice for somebody on the spectrum to follow, I'll confess.

At least in Retail you're able to quit at the end of your shift, especially if the store is closing. If there were a later shift, then you might be asked to stay and cover it, but that doesn't seem to be the case here which might be a blessing. Nor are you in the kind of job where'll you'll be asked to stay late to meet some kind of deadline, so there's that.