Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2022, 12:33 am

What is it with the increasing number if grown men riding around on skateboards and schooters like children? Where I work we have a problem all the time with this kind of activity on property, and it's always fully grown men acting like young teens.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2022, 11:41 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
What is it with the increasing number if grown men riding around on skateboards and schooters like children? Where I work we have a problem all the time with this kind of activity on property, and it's always fully grown men acting like young teens.

:lol:

Why should grown men stop participating in sports & recreation activities just because they’re not 14 anymore? :?

Are men meant to be sedentary lazy fat people who get no joy out of life? :?

People use them for exercise, cardio, balance, transportation - especially in very expensive cities like where I live vw just on university campuses.

Also, Most of the best pro skaters in the world are all grown men in their 30’s and 40’s. And as grown men we have the financial means to buy Quality sporting goods that were once out of reach as teens.

Basically, you’re being a very grumpy old man about this IMO and should be happy that they’re active, athletic, and enjoying themselves while doing something that’s environmentally friendly And setting good examples for younger boys & girls.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2022, 11:42 am

ok boomer

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2022, 11:57 am

I miss my skateboard.Can’t use one here on the gravel.Not that I was that good at it anyway.Mine was a cheap one, I was jealous of the neighbor boy who had a really nice Hobie.He was talented and could also ride a unicycle.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2022, 12:11 pm

It is annoying when people who are no longer able to do the things they use to do criticize those of us who still can.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2022, 12:33 pm

My mother once told me that when she was a kid in the 50s-60s bicycles were only for kids and if you saw an adult riding one you'd point and laugh at them. But now lots of adults ride bikes. So what's wrong with adults riding skateboards or scooters? They're faster than walking, they don't cause pollution and don't need gas (unless we're taking about motor scooters?) I wish I could ride a scooter but I have terrible balance and can't even ride a bike. No bike, no car, no life. :(

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2022, 12:55 pm

Old ladies, and men, ride Seques, and scooters these days.

I dont "get" skateboarding. At any age.

Dan Quayle's wife was into rollerblading though.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2022, 1:32 pm

It was really fun to find the steepest longest driveway and see how fast we could go down.This was when kids could roam freely in a neighborhood and not worry that someone would come out and yell about getting sued if we wiped out.
There was a skater park close by but my friend and I were geeky and afraid those kids would whale on us.
It would have been like, “ Here come the Star Trek nerds, let’s take them down.”
Being a nerd was dangerous enough, but a moving nerd on a skateboard would have been too big a temptation for larger aggressive faster bullies on wheels.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 2:23 am

Apparently adults acting childish is the accepted new norm. My bad for seeing a problem in it.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 2:28 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Old ladies, and men, ride Seques, and scooters these days.

I dont "get" skateboarding. At any age.

Dan Quayle's wife was into rollerblading though.

It's not adults riding bicycles, scooters and even skateboards that I find strange and annoying. It's the extreme level of childishness that I see going along with it.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 2:32 am

Fnord wrote:
It is annoying when people who are no longer able to do the things they use to do criticize those of us who still can.

I'm sure most adults (including myself) are capable of acting like unruly children.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 2:43 am

i wish i still could. :|

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 3:34 am

auntblabby wrote:

Why would you want to?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 3:45 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Why would you want to?

because being stiff and achy and weak and stoved up and where hardly anything works right anymore is just so discouraging, so aged-feeling.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 4:29 am

I wish they'd normalise grown women on rollerblades, as that would be awesome. I was brilliant on rollerblades as a kid and they were so easy to use.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 4:42 am

auntblabby wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Why would you want to?

because being stiff and achy and weak and stoved up and where hardly anything works right anymore is just so discouraging, so aged-feeling.

I'm sure you could probably still ride around in circles on a motorized renatal scooter while hooping hollering like those I'm talking about.