2022 Oscars: Will Smith appears to hit Chris Rock

Page 19 of 22 [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 5:33 am

So why is Trump being brought into it? Most well known comedians make Trump jokes. But probably not many well known comedians make jokes against transgender.

Also I wonder if Lee being a Trump supporter is supposed to outweigh Chappell being a trans basher.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 5:37 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
So why is Trump being brought into it? Most well known comedians make Trump jokes. But probably not many well known comedians make jokes against transgender.

Also I wonder if Lee being a Trump supporter is supposed to outweigh Chappell being a trans basher.

Like a witches brew going on in this guy's head. Add Trump and stir.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 6:04 am

I'm just wondering why you don't seem to be the least bit bothered by Dave Chappell's transphobic and homophobic remarks.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 11:17 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
I'm just wondering why you don't seem to be the least bit bothered by Dave Chappell's transphobic and homophobic remarks.

Why is this about me? the subject is the person who attacked Chappelle. What makes you think Chappelle is transphobic?

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 12:16 am

cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Why is this about me? the subject is the person who attacked Chappelle. What makes you think Chappelle is transphobic?

No the subject was about Will Smith slapping Chris Rock. You changed it into being about Chappelle getting attacked. What makes me think Chappelle makes transphobic and homophobic remarks, which he got attacked for, are the slew of news stories about it.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 12:43 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

No the subject was about Will Smith slapping Chris Rock. You changed it into being about Chappelle getting attacked. What makes me think Chappelle makes transphobic and homophobic remarks, which he got attacked for, are the slew of news stories about it.

I did but then you kept flicking the goal posts around as well because now you dont want to answer my questions

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 6:00 am

cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

I did but then you kept flicking the goal posts around as well because now you dont want to answer my questions

You asked: What makes you think Chappelle is transphobic?

I answered: What makes me think Chappelle makes transphobic and homophobic remarks, which he got attacked for, are the slew of news stories about it.

How is that not answering your question?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 7:58 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

You asked: What makes you think Chappelle is transphobic?

I answered: What makes me think Chappelle makes transphobic and homophobic remarks, which he got attacked for, are the slew of news stories about it.

How is that not answering your question?

If I continue with this line of questioning then you'll just revert to the "This is a Will Smith thread" so I won't bother.

I asked why "you" think Chapelle is transphobic (not selected journalists or LGBTQI activists). My own opinion is that he seems to have a pre-occupation with trans people in his repertoire of jokes these days. But he's a comedian. So does making a joke make one a phobe? I'm not sure it does.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 12:00 am

cyberdad wrote:
I asked why "you" think Chapelle is transphobic (not selected journalists or LGBTQI activists). My own opinion is that he seems to have a pre-occupation with trans people in his repertoire of jokes these days. But he's a comedian. So does making a joke make one a phobe? I'm not sure it does.

I see. I'm only going by the facts as I understand them. As for opinion, I'd say Lee's opinion is the only one that counts as to why he attacked Chappelle. As for my personal opinion, since I'm not a social justice warrior type, I'm inclined to give Chappelle leeway. But seeing as how you always take the SJW approach, it seems strange that you'd gloss over it.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 7:47 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I see. I'm only going by the facts as I understand them. As for opinion, I'd say Lee's opinion is the only one that counts as to why he attacked Chappelle. As for my personal opinion, since I'm not a social justice warrior type, I'm inclined to give Chappelle leeway. But seeing as how you always take the SJW approach, it seems strange that you'd gloss over it.

I personally think comedians are an exception and should be allowed to express themselves (provided they are actually funny)

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2022, 5:24 am

cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I personally think comedians are an exception and should be allowed to express themselves (provided they are actually funny)

Even if he says stuff about yo mama?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2022, 6:54 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Even if he says stuff about yo mama?

Wouldn't do it if "Yosemite Sam" was the one "hecklin"

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2022, 4:23 pm

Uncle Phil wouldve thrown Chris from the stage like he threw Jazz out the door in Bel Air :skull: :lol:

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 12:02 pm

What do you think possessed Will Smith to do such a reckless thing and slap Chris Rock?

My theory is maybe he thought he was doing the right thing by hitting Rock and thought he would get more respect for it perhaps?

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 12:17 pm

There is already a 19 page thread about that from 3 months ago.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 12:31 pm

This is a pretty good video on it.