Why I don't think there are "Xinjiang atrocities"?

Page 6 of 12 [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 5:48 am

^I'm not sure about the police file section for now, but Adrian Zenz is an extremely unreliable source.
After I'm done with the work at hand, I'll sort out the stuff.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 May 2022, 8:27 am

Adrian Zenz is an extremely reliable source whose findings on the Xinjiang atrocities have consistently been corroborated by other outlets.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 May 2022, 9:18 am

I don't think an average Chinese knows what's really going on in Xinjiang.
Damn, I don't know what's really going on in Białowieża Forest, and that's a way smaller country with way less limited information flow!

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 9:26 am

The_Walrus wrote:
Adrian Zenz is an extremely reliable source whose findings on the Xinjiang atrocities have consistently been corroborated by other outlets.
The on-line data on Zenz are extensive, with both praise and criticism falling neatly into non-Chinese and Chinese camps, repectively.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 9:34 am

SkinnedWolf wrote:
^I'm not sure about the police file section for now, but Adrian Zenz is an extremely unreliable source.

If you're interested, here is a link to the files he is referencing in his recent reports:
https://www.xinjiangpolicefiles.org/

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 9:46 am

SkinnedWolf wrote:
I'm not sure about the police file section for now, but Adrian Zenz is an extremely unreliable source. . .
Both sources are reliable, and easily verified on-line by anyone not afflicted with Confirmation Bias.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 9:56 am

Brictoria wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:

If you're interested, here is a link to the files he is referencing in his recent reports:

Thanks for the assistance.

I have not changed my position. I'll post the BBC's history of falsification on the relevant agenda after I've sorted it out.
Because there's so much and fragmented evidence.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 10:03 am

SkinnedWolf wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:

Thanks for the assistance. But I can't access this site.

I have not changed my position. I'll post the BBC's history of falsification on the relevant agenda after I've sorted it out.
Because there's so much and fragmented evidence.

The 3 most likely reasons would be that either:
The site is receiving more trafic than it is able to handle
Or
There is something in the site which your browser is unable to process, and so display
Or
Some authority (government\ISP\?) has deemed the content of the site as being too "dangerous" to people to view

I'll leave it to you to decide which is the most applicable to your situation and to consider why this may be the case (as well as what, if anything, can be done to gain access to the site's content).

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 10:05 am

^I have a VPN and I can usually get around most of the restrictions.
There seems to be an extra filter attached to the browser here. I'll try to figure it out myself first.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 10:12 am

Even with a good VPN utility, your government is likely redacting those parts of any article criticising your government before they can be displayed on your monitor.

Is your connection slow because of VPN issues, or because the CCP's censor-bots are working in overdrive?

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 10:15 am

After switching to a different brand of browser, I went to the website and saw those "confidential documents".
This would suggest that some students did not volunteer (which is not denied in my claim). Other than that, I didn't find anything "problematic" in the Chinese original.
Reasonable suspicion of intentional translation distortions. For there is no shortage of such examples in the evidence I am collating.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 10:17 am

SkinnedWolf wrote:
^I have a VPN and I can usually get around most of the restrictions.
There seems to be an extra filter attached to the browser here. I'll try to figure it out myself first.

Looking at the page source, it appears to be a "wordpress" based website.

If the VPN doesn't work, it may be there's some feature built into it which looks at the header information on the page and blocks the content based on certain keywords within it (which includes the URL of the site which appears quite frequently and would still be seen by the browser even if you use a VPN).

The page is designed for search engines to index, but even viewing cached versions (once the search engines cache it) you may still have the same issue.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 10:31 am

Ahem... those "violent" pictures. It seems to me the same as the archives left over from any simulation exercise.
This explains why these photos are found in their system.

I have the impression that before this, we have caught the "evidence" used in the relevant propaganda, which are actually pictures of simulated exercises stored on public platforms.

Fix:
Ahhh...I found it, the relevant Chinese text actually shows that they are indeed "riot drills"/"simulation exercise".
I guess google translate can confirm that.

This is really the style that any grassroots civil service has been doing for the last five years, ie, taking pictures of any activity and putting it on file. to show that the work is done.

This would make anyone who understands Chinese language a "pro-China" person. :scratch:

Last edited by SkinnedWolf on 24 May 2022, 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 10:43 am

Quote:
There are countless examples of people being punished retrospectively for “crimes” that took place years or even decades ago - with one man jailed for 10 years in 2017 for having “studied Islamic scripture with his grandmother” for a few days in 2010.

Many hundreds are shown to have been targeted for their mobile phone use - mostly for listening to “illegal lectures” or having encrypted apps installed.

Others are punished with up to a decade in prison for not using their devices enough, with well over a hundred instances of “phone has run out of credit” being listed as a sign that the user is trying to evade the constant digital surveillance.

The spreadsheets show how lives are sifted in search of the slightest of pretexts, which are turned into the broadest of charges - “picking quarrels” or “disturbing the social order” - and then punished as serious acts of terrorism; seven years, 10 years, 25 years, the columns of sentences stretch on and on.

The Chinese original text of these spreadsheets flashed in the news does not show what is claimed in the first three paragraphs. Especially the first paragraph. I need to check all the original text.
The second and third paragraphs may be true. Because the use of VPNs has always been illegal in China, but not necessarily enforced.
Where can I view the full documentation of spreadsheets?

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 6:29 pm

February 2, 2021
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-55794071
Tursunay Ziawudun

Quote:
Tursunay Ziawudun, who fled Xinjiang after her release and is now in the US, said women were removed from the cells "every night" and raped by one or more masked Chinese men. She said she was tortured and later gang-raped on three occasions, each time by two or three men.

February 15, 2020
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/meghara/china-uighur-xinjiang-kazakhstan
Tursunay Ziyawudun
Quote:
I wasn’t beaten or abused,” she said. “The hardest part was mental. It’s something I can’t explain — you suffer mentally. Being kept someplace and forced to stay there for no reason. You have no freedom. You suffer.”