Should I just give up on getting a corporate

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 1:53 pm

Hi everybody I am a unemployed college grad that has never had a real job and I am in my thirties I can’t even keep a McJob so should I give up on ever getting a decent job because y resume will always be tossed should I just focus on doing my own thing and be continue my self employment in my oilfield because nobody from the state wants me to get a job that not like working at McDonald’s I did not get great grades in college just to work at McDonald’s for fourty years

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 1:54 pm

Sorry typo I did study my major andjob. Career choice but I could not getting a job doing it after. College and I was not allowed to work in college how are you supposed to get a entry level job if they won’t even hire you for the in the first place

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 3:48 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Hi everybody I am a unemployed college grad that has never had a real job and I am in my thirties I can’t even keep a McJob so should I give up on ever getting a decent job because y resume will always be tossed should I just focus on doing my own thing and be continue my self employment in my oilfield because nobody from the state wants me to get a job that not like working at McDonald’s I did not get great grades in college just to work at McDonald’s for fourty years

• • •

Sorry typo I did study my major andjob. Career choice but I could not getting a job doing it after. College and I was not allowed to work in college how are you supposed to get a entry level job if they won’t even hire you for the in the first place
Have someone else write your résumé.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 4:30 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Don't feel too bad. Like you, Jethro Bodine was the scion of a oil baron, and he could never hold down a regular job.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 4:48 pm

Jethro Bodine was fictional.  Texasmoneyman300 needs realistic advice.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 5:19 pm

Texasmoneyman300 is a fantastic poster.

I would say that he needs to be realistic about the type of corporate job he could reasonably get at this point. Plenty of people who got good grades in college are serving coffee at Starbucks. Not to say that is the best he can do, but he needs to show some work history and proven work ethic.

I practiced law at the highest levels in New York City, and I wasn't too proud to take a job stocking groceries at Walmart when I was down and out. Any job is better than no job.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 5:31 pm

rse92 wrote:

I would say that he needs to be realistic about the type of corporate job he could reasonably get at this point. Plenty of people who got good grades in college are serving coffee at Starbucks. Not to say that is the best he can do, but he needs to show some work history and proven work ethic.

I practiced law at the highest levels in New York City, and I wasn't too proud to take a job stocking groceries at Walmart when I was down and out. Any job is better than no job.

Any job that refuses to pay a living wage is worse than no job at all because all it will do is use up the time and energy one could invest into finding one that does.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

enz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 5:57 pm

would you do web design?

you can find out everything you need from free or dirt cheap tutorials

You could work or someone else or work for yourself

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 6:25 pm

enz wrote:
would you do web design?

I am working on doing website design as a business I found a friend who wants to partner with me on it it would go towards funding my church so it’s kind of a two for one in that respect

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 6:36 pm

rse92 wrote:

I just realistically want to be able to hold down a min wage type job or maybe a entry level job for fresh college grads something on that level .Ike I know I have to start down on the bottom the totem pole I would start out part time because of social security disability but I at least want my job to pay me or pay a living wage I am thinking because I have a bachelors my dad says we can get my sister to help with my resume I feel like you are a fantastic poster as well and at least six months to a year at Walmart would look better on my resume I just want to start at a entry level office job that requires a bachelors

enz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 6:51 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
enz wrote:
would you do web design?

I am working on doing website design as a business I found a friend who wants to partner with me on it it would go towards funding my church so it’s kind of a two for one in that respect

Have you thought of getting a virtual private server and get clients to pay you each month for hosting?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 7:45 pm

enz wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
enz wrote:
would you do web design?

Have you thought of getting a virtual private server and get clients to pay you each month for hosting?

No do tell does it require a lot of start up capital to get a private serve I will keep that in mind

enz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 9:03 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
enz wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
enz wrote:
would you do web design?

No do tell does it require a lot of start up capital to get a private serve I will keep that in mind

your looking at $50 or far less for the VPS space and around $20ish dollars for WHMCS which will automate tickets,invoices etc to make you look legit and save time.

also need to look into c panel and wordpress. Im very new to this I recommend doing own research

enz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 9:16 pm

or it looks like the WHMCS is integrated in it. so $50 or less per month

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 9:19 pm

enz wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
enz wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
enz wrote:
would you do web design?

your looking at $50 or far less for the VPS space and around $20ish dollars for WHMCS which will automate tickets,invoices etc to make you look legit and save time.

also need to look into c panel and wordpress. Im very new to this I recommend doing own research

Okay kool that seems like a good possibility

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 11:56 pm

Should I give up on Texas vocational rehab ever getting me a job because we have been trying for a decade.