Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2022, 9:49 am

Psych Central

Quote:
Juli C. Liske is the president of Red Door Nonprofit Consulting, LLC, and consults with local nonprofits on improving their autism-related programs and services. She also currently serves on the Tennessee Governor’s Council for Autism Spectrum Disorders, as well as the national SPARK for Autism Advisory Council. As a highly capable individual with autism, Liske has worked in the field of autism for over 19 years. She is also the author of “In the Eye of the Hurricane: Finding Peace Within the Storm of Autism.” From 2008 to 2017, Liske worked as the founder and executive director of The Brown Center for Autism in Nashville. The mission of The Brown Center was to provide comprehensive early intervention to young children with autism, as well as intensive parent training, support, and community education. Additionally, Liske is an authorized facilitator for Stewards of Children. She resides in Brentwood, TN with her husband, Jim, and has two exceptional sons, ages 31 and 21, both of whom are on the autism spectrum, and one amazing daughter, age 30

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2022, 4:22 am

podcast wish they would also post transcripts that was from 1969.... was her idea of autism the same as today's understanding? I'm guessing not.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson