Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

PenPen
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Apr 2022, 12:44 am

27 M USA. Been diagnosed since early teens. I've come to this forum to seek like-minded and easy-going people. I've always had difficulty making friends, and after some very negative experiences with neurotypical/other disordered people, I think the stability and reason I seek in a friendship will best be found in other people on the spectrum. I'm looking for long-term friends to have good conversations with and support each other through tough times. I suffer from depression, and while I don't want to use anyone as a crutch, I do require understanding of my situation and of people in similar ones.

I've grown out of most of my past interests, but enjoy chatting about animation, video games, and what's going on in the film world. Lately I like skimming philosophy and religion to discover the ancient wisdom within. I also do deep dives on historical and current figures who seem to bear autistic traits. Some I'm most fascinated with are Stanley Kubrick, Hans Christian Andersen, and Hideki Anno. I really enjoy soft stuff.

Hope I can meet some cool people here!

kuze
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Apr 2022, 1:44 am

Hi PenPen

Nice to meet you. I think you will do just fine. I like Ghost in the Shell movie and Knights of Sidonia anime. My interest in anime came about in the 90's Golgo 13, Vampire Hunter D etc. What have you been watching lately?

kuze

PenPen

03 Apr 2022, 2:22 am

kuze wrote:
Hi PenPen

Nice to meet you. I think you will do just fine. I like Ghost in the Shell movie and Knights of Sidonia anime. My interest in anime came about in the 90's Golgo 13, Vampire Hunter D etc. What have you been watching lately?

kuze

Nothing lately, so I'll go over stuff of the past. I lean towards 80s/90s stuff. Gainax works like Neon Genesis Evangelion, Gunbuster, TTGL, and Royal Air Force. Prefer OVAs and movies over full shows, like Roujin Z, Robot Carnival, and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. I follow what's going on in the One Piece manga.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2022, 7:11 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2022, 8:49 am

welcome, we are ALL cool here!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2022, 5:10 pm

Welcome to WP! I think if you wander around you'll find some interesting chats.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2022, 5:12 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2022, 6:05 pm

Welcome to WrongPlanet
PenPen, there's many interesting people here and forums as well, and that I'm sure you will find something that helps and benefits you overall during your tenure here.