Men in there 40s would rather date younger women?

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 7:03 am

Why is it that a lot of men in there 40s lose interest in dating women there own age and would rather go for younger ladies?

I know this only a very limited example but I know 2 guys in there 40s who have an eye for much younger women. I know this woman who is 47 yet the 2 guys I just mentioned who are in her age range are not interested in her and ironically she seems to attract much older men who are well over 60.

munstead
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 7:08 am

Because they can, and because all other things equal women are more physically attractive when they are younger.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 7:27 am

munstead wrote:
Because they can, and because all other things equal women are more physically attractive when they are younger.

Men are more physically attractive when there younger as well right?

I remember when my mom was in her mid 50s she had a thing for men much youger than her as such Robin Thick and Leonardo Dicaprio even though she is around the same as my dad (early 60s currently).

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 7:31 am

Not true for me. I'm more attracted to relatively older women than relatively younger women. And it's always been the case.

I'm 61, and I'm attracted mostly to women in their 40s to 60s.

I can certainly dig younger women, too! They can be hot as heck! But I get MOST turned-on by more "mature" women.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 7:34 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Not true for me. I'm more attracted to relatively older women than relatively younger women. And it's always been the case.

I'm 61, and I'm attracted mostly to women in their 40s to 60s.

I can certainly dig younger women, too! They can be hot as heck! But I get MOST turned-on by more "mature" women.

Personally I would prefer a 20 year old woman to a lady in her 50s.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 7:36 am

this will always be true. Young firm flesh is always more attractive biologically and of course women too old to bear children are not attractive ( natural biological programming, instinctive) as those who are still able to bear offspring.
It is part of the animal side of being human and a means of perpetuating the species. Its all about planting the seed and growing the next generation . Of course thinking humans differ, but mother nature has her way with all of us, in spite of "shoulds" and "oughts". Older women will of course find younger healthy men as more desirable due to the same programming, even if said women are past child bearing. Its in the roots of human nature and mother nature's programming.

My husband used to tell me he was going to trade me in (at age 40) for a pair of 20 year olds. Now He'd have to trade for a couple of 35 year olds (and he could not manage that either, LOL)

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 7:40 am

If a woman takes care of herself well----I find myself not caring if she can bear kids or not----I still find her attractive in her 60s.

And these women are uninhibited by the prospect of pregnancy----hence, she is more amenable to "letting it all hang out" in bed. And, anatomically, Ms. Loveliness is more inclined to receive Mr. Man well, and bask in the glory of the sensations.

The "biological imperative" has always been irrelevant to me.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 04 Apr 2022, 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 7:40 am

autisticelders wrote:
this will always be true. Young firm flesh is always more attractive biologically and of course women too old to bear children are not attractive ( natural biological programming, instinctive) as those who are still able to bear offspring.
It is part of the animal side of being human and a means of perpetuating the species. Its all about planting the seed and growing the next generation . Of course thinking humans differ, but mother nature has her way with all of us, in spite of "shoulds" and "oughts". Older women will of course find younger healthy men as more desirable due to the same programming, even if said women are past child bearing. Its in the roots of human nature and mother nature's programming.

My husband used to tell me he was going to trade me in (at age 40) for a pair of 20 year olds. Now He'd have to trade for a couple of 35 year olds (and he could not manage that either, LOL)

I feel kind of sorry though for lady I know who is 47 who wants a man younger than her yet she only attracts men in there who are in there 60s or 70s.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 7:47 am

Nigella Lawson (from the show Nigella Bites) is a 60-ish women whom I sure would get considerable younger-male attention.

Man....is she hot!! !! :heart:

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 04 Apr 2022, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

munstead
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 7:59 am

I've posted on this in other threads. You are fixating on just one side of the coin.

Females in general have the world at their feet 18-29. Can choose who they want to sleep with, with men constantly hounding them. For men in general this is never the case, but they have a longer time period over which they garner interest by females, typically 25-40 and perhaps slightly later if they have good genes and look aftet themselves (think George clooney). Men younger and older are basically ignored and can't compete for 18-29 year old women because the competition is so fierce. So it is just asymmetric. Neither one is fair or unfair, it just is different.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 8:24 am

munstead wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Why is it that a lot of men in their 40s lose interest in dating women their own age and would rather go for younger ladies? . . .
This. ↑

Plus, women in their 40s often have custody of their dependent children from previous relationships, while women in their (early) 20s often do not; women in their 20s are also less likely to have been married and divorced than women in their 40s; AND younger women tend to be more energetic and optimistic than older women.

These are not hard-and-fast rules, but they are the way to bet.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 8:25 am

munstead wrote:
I've posted on this in other threads. You are fixating on just one side of the coin.

Females in general have the world at their feet 18-29. Can choose who they want to sleep with, with men constantly hounding them. For men in general this is never the case, but they have a longer time period over which they garner interest by females, typically 25-40 and perhaps slightly later if they have good genes and look aftet themselves (think George clooney). Men younger and older are basically ignored and can't compete for 18-29 year old women because the competition is so fierce. So it is just asymmetric. Neither one is fair or unfair, it just is different.

So why don't men who are 18-29 have the world at there feet like women do?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 8:26 am

Because they don't......it doesn't mean you shouldn't, though.

I'm speaking of men in their 30's, too.....

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 8:31 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Because they don't......it doesn't mean you shouldn't, though.

I'm speaking of men in their 30's, too.....

Well there has to be a reason why they don't? Is it because men are judged more on status or something?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 8:33 am

Jamesy wrote:
munstead wrote:
I've posted on this in other threads.  You are fixating on just one side of the coin.  Females in general have the world at their feet 18-29.  Can choose who they want to sleep with, with men constantly hounding them.  For men in general this is never the case, but they have a longer time period over which they garner interest by females, typically 25-40 and perhaps slightly later if they have good genes and look after themselves (think George clooney).  Men younger and older are basically ignored and can't compete for 18-29 year old women because the competition is so fierce.  So it is just asymmetric.  Neither one is fair or unfair, it just is different.
Look to yourself for the answer to that question.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 8:37 am

Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
munstead wrote:
I've posted on this in other threads.  You are fixating on just one side of the coin.  Females in general have the world at their feet 18-29.  Can choose who they want to sleep with, with men constantly hounding them.  For men in general this is never the case, but they have a longer time period over which they garner interest by females, typically 25-40 and perhaps slightly later if they have good genes and look after themselves (think George clooney).  Men younger and older are basically ignored and can't compete for 18-29 year old women because the competition is so fierce.  So it is just asymmetric.  Neither one is fair or unfair, it just is different.
Look to yourself for the answer to that question.

Maybe women just don't find men as attractive on average compared to vice versa?

I know a woman can get dates even if she is unemployed and living with her parents.