Men in there 40s would rather date younger women?

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 8:40 am

Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
munstead wrote:
I've posted on this in other threads.  You are fixating on just one side of the coin.  Females in general have the world at their feet 18-29.  Can choose who they want to sleep with, with men constantly hounding them.  For men in general this is never the case, but they have a longer time period over which they garner interest by females, typically 25-40 and perhaps slightly later if they have good genes and look after themselves (think George clooney).  Men younger and older are basically ignored and can't compete for 18-29 year old women because the competition is so fierce.  So it is just asymmetric.  Neither one is fair or unfair, it just is different.
So why don't men who are 18-29 have the world at there feet like women do?
Look to yourself for the answer to that question.
Maybe women just don't find men as attractive on average compared to vice versa?  I know a woman can get dates even if she is unemployed and living with her parents.
This is turning into another "Women have it better than men" thread.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 8:43 am

Young men who have Asperger's Syndrome, and who hang out in bars, have little chance of finding success with women. It's just not the ideal venue for folks with Asperger's Syndrome in all ways. It's like putting a square peg in a round hole. It's an exercise in futility.

I learned that at about age 21, and stopped hanging out in bars. I sought out women in nonbar venues, exclusively.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 8:48 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Young men who have Asperger's Syndrome, and who hang out in bars, have little chance of finding success with women. It's just not the ideal venue for folks with Asperger's Syndrome in all ways. It's like putting a square peg in a round hole. It's an exercise in futility.

I learned that at about age 21, and stopped hanging out in bars. I sought out women in nonbar venues, exclusively.

I hang more at the pub than 'bars' these days on the weekends.

There is a difference between a bar and a pub right?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 8:54 am

It depends upon the nature of the bar or pub.

If it's a "sports bar" sort of venue, I find it a little better than a "smoky bar" type of venue.

A pub that serves food, and is more family-oriented, is much better than a pub which is more like a place that has sawdust on the floors.

But the fact is-----these type of "social" venues---whether pubs or bars---are really not suitable for folks with Asperger's.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 9:01 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
It depends upon the nature of the bar or pub.

If it's a "sports bar" sort of venue, I find it a little better than a "smoky bar" type of venue.

A pub that serves food, and is more family-oriented, is much better than a pub which is more like a place that has sawdust on the floors.

But the fact is-----these type of "social" venues---whether pubs or bars---are really not suitable for folks with Asperger's.

I know a 65 year old man who hangs out in bars and chats up 18 year old girls.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 9:11 am

Jamesy wrote:
I know a 65 year old man who hangs out in bars and chats up 18 year old girls.
Merely "chatting up" a woman does not imply an on-going relationship with her.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 9:14 am

Maybe this 65-year-old guy is a charming drunkard, and buys these 18-year-old girls drinks all the time.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 11:53 pm

I am not too far off from fourties’ and I would date a 17 year old even today because age of consent is seventeen in Texas and the oldest I would ever date right now would be a 21 to 25 year old but theoretically I would date as low as the law allows anywhere in the country given the chance if it was legal in that jurisdiction but my normal min age is 18 right they graduate high school I try to date girls from church but there’s not any available ones I did have a high school reunion at a bar and a classmate kept wanting to take me home and have a one night stand and she was pretty but I turned her down as I am celibate and a Virgin I just find younger women more attractive and I hope my wife is fertile as humanly possible so that’s why I would never date a fifty or sixty year old or seventy year old and I don’t want to marry someone who is not a virgin and most women have has sex by the time they are in their twenties and thirties I would even marry a sixteen year old who is legal if I was fourty possible because I am very traditional Christian