Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 10:50 am

The reason I say that is because I seem to think I resent not having people as friends and maintain close and long-term relationships with them and occasionally go out to places and had fun like concerts, nice meals at a nice restaurant or bar or gone out for the day to somewhere nice to see the sights and so on which I seem to think I've seen other people my age or younger doing more than me even some other people I know of who have autism/aspergers like me have more social lives than me when I see photos on social media. I only went out to one nightclub once to see a nephew of my stepmum playing in a band there but stayed outside for the rest of the performance because I didn't to like the flashing lights and so on in there. I'm not epileptic I just to don't seem to like it. But I did go to a concert once with my dad to see Pearl Jam in Hyde Park which was great and there were flashing lights there but that didn't seem to be a problem much maybe because it was outside and quite light whereas a nightclub is quite dark inside. Despite having done these things I still feel like I wasted my time not doing these things more without parents but I felt I couldn't go on my own because it wouldn't be as exciting without friends who share the same interests as you. When I'm not working I'd usually be out on my own and on weekend evenings I only go out occasionally with family to a restaurant or something and not my own because I just seem to think wandering into a busy restaurant or bar on your own with everyone around you with people they know and go out with is rather awkward especially if you are sitting at the bar or a table on your own with everyone talking, laughing etc it might make me be seen as lonely weirdo looking at everyone.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2022, 5:27 pm

time is the fire in which we burn. with that in mind, you've got to make it count the best you can, with or without congenial company.