Page 3 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2022, 9:35 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

We will never run out of oil gas and coal and I say that a industry veteran

I would expect more stats from a vet? like wtf are you kidding me man? :jester:

Im an fake armchair sociologist/psychologist and have stats on the last page, or to be clearer said we should see what they are saying about Ghawar these days.

here..

Quote:
Reserves

In April 2010, Saad al-Tureiki, Vice-President for Operations at Aramco, stated, in a news conference reported in Saudi media, that over 65 billion barrels (10.3 km3) have been produced from the field since 1951. Tureiki further stated that the total reserves of the field had originally exceeded 100 billion barrels (16 km3).[18]

The International Energy Agency in its 2008 World Energy Outlook stated that the oil production from Ghawar reached 66 Bbo in 2007, and that the remaining reserves are 74 Bbo.[11]

Matthew Simmons, in his 2005 book Twilight in the Desert, suggested that production from the Ghawar field and Saudi Arabia may soon peak.[19]

When appraised in the 1970s, the field was assessed to have 170 billion barrels (27 km3) of original oil in place (OOIP), with about 60 billion barrels (9.5 km3) recoverable (1975 Aramco estimate quoted by Matt Simmons). The second figure, at least, was understated, since that production figure has already been exceeded.[19]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghawar_Field

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2022, 10:13 pm

The_Znof wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Im an fake armchair sociologist/psychologist and have stats on the last page, or to be clearer said we should see what they are saying about Ghawar these days.

here..

Quote:
Reserves

In April 2010, Saad al-Tureiki, Vice-President for Operations at Aramco, stated, in a news conference reported in Saudi media, that over 65 billion barrels (10.3 km3) have been produced from the field since 1951. Tureiki further stated that the total reserves of the field had originally exceeded 100 billion barrels (16 km3).[18]

The International Energy Agency in its 2008 World Energy Outlook stated that the oil production from Ghawar reached 66 Bbo in 2007, and that the remaining reserves are 74 Bbo.[11]

Matthew Simmons, in his 2005 book Twilight in the Desert, suggested that production from the Ghawar field and Saudi Arabia may soon peak.[19]

When appraised in the 1970s, the field was assessed to have 170 billion barrels (27 km3) of original oil in place (OOIP), with about 60 billion barrels (9.5 km3) recoverable (1975 Aramco estimate quoted by Matt Simmons). The second figure, at least, was understated, since that production figure has already been exceeded.[19]

Well I heard the New Mexico portion of the Permian may haveaboutfifty billion and they found a lot of new oil in Guyana and you have the spraberry midland basin Delaware basin and eagleford technology and higher prices increases recoverable reserves expontially west Texas and southeast New Mexico will be pumping a hundred years from now in some way the cline shale may have billions

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2022, 10:15 pm

The_Znof wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

here..

Quote:
Reserves

Well the Saudi’s seem to be running out but the Texas and America and Russia is taking its place

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2022, 10:17 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Sorry, but the amount of oil, gas, and coal is clearly finite, and it does NOT get renewed within any reasonable time frame. So it is simply not mathematically possible that we will "never" run out of oil, gas, and coal. The only question is when.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2022, 10:18 pm

We have to stop our dependence on oil.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2022, 10:49 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Sorry, but the amount of oil, gas, and coal is clearly finite, and it does NOT get renewed within any reasonable time frame. So it is simply not mathematically possible that we will "never" run out of oil, gas, and coal. The only question is when.

Is is effectively infinite with todays oil and gas technology for the rest of our lives

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Apr 2022, 1:52 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Is is effectively infinite with todays oil and gas technology for the rest of our lives

Après moi, le déluge.
"After us, the Flood [for all I care]".

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2022, 2:04 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
We have to stop our dependence on oil.

It will eventually be used up.
It is not a finite resource. 8)

But if it is left in the ground, it probably will last for a very, very long time. ;)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2022, 2:06 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

I think a "logical band-aid" is in order here. 8)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2022, 4:43 am

About 5 years ago. It was said that there was a 75-year supply of oil left to be drilled.

The Oil Guy has to say what he is saying. He’s in the oil business, after all!

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Apr 2022, 6:14 am

I think TexasMoneyMan is playing a character.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2022, 6:44 am

The_Walrus wrote:
I think TexasMoneyMan is playing a character.

No I actually own oil wells I think the Permian has at least fifty to hundred years left my job is to get oil and gas out of the ground and I am a respected Texas oil baron in the oilfield I have drilled numerous oil wells

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

06 Apr 2022, 7:18 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
That makes no sense: "the rest of our lives" != "infinite" or even "effectively infinite".

Also, whose lives - mine, yours, our grandchildren's children?
It seems a remarkably myopic viewpoint, given that the planet is clearly a finite resource. There are even pictures to show that this is all you get:

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2022, 7:30 am

I’ll just agree to disagree but here in Texas the industry won’t run out anytime soon like of course Everyone thought we we would out of oil in the seventies but fracking happened
Well I speaking in a hundred year future context I can’t make any predictions if there any oil industry a thousand years from now I think my grandkids kids will prolly have oil and gas

Last edited by Cornflake on 06 Apr 2022, 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.: Removed broken quote of post immediately above

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Apr 2022, 7:33 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I’ll just agree to disagree but here in Texas the industry won’t run out anytime soon like of course Everyone thought we we would out of oil in the seventies but fracking happened
And to hell with all the parts of the world that are not Texas oil industry? :scratch:

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2022, 7:37 am

magz wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
And to hell with all the parts of the world that are not Texas oil industry? :scratch:

Well I doing my oil pumping not just for Texas the Texas oil industry is in every part of the world but the whole world really needs Texas and the entire Permian basin