04 Apr 2022, 6:27 pm

Thousands of Vancouver perverts delight in taking pictures of tree genitalia

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2022/04/th ... genitalia/

It’s an annual tradition, really. :mrgreen:

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 7:21 pm

Sickos, watch out for those arborophiles :lol:.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2022, 11:58 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Thousands of Vancouver perverts delight in taking pictures of tree genitalia

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2022/04/th ... genitalia/

It’s an annual tradition, really. :mrgreen:

no pics shown, but get a load of this-

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2022, 12:19 am

It wasnt until the 18th century that it was discovered that flowers are sex organs. And the scientist who discovered that fact...was actually accused writing smut when he published his findings! :lol:

But it is an interesting coincidence how - we chop off the genitalia of plants and use them - in our own mating rituals (we give flowers as part of courtship).

But some plants also have non genital parts that happened to look like human genitalia (as in Blabby's picture).

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2022, 12:49 pm

I can't really enjoy anything anymore because humans have sexualized everything and I'm deathly sick of it.

You almost can't show fondness for animals, or even worse, anthropomorphic cartoon animals anymore, or people will call you a "furry" or a zoophile. And then there are the people who really are zoophiles - and pedophiles - who believe that it's not immoral and that it should be just as accepted as homosexuality. That's just sick! :eew: Girls and women can't even eat an ice cream cone or ride a bike in public without creeps shouting out disgusting sexual comments at them. People take things that were meant to be wholesome and family-friendly, like Animal Crossing, and ruin it with their Rule 34 "artwork". And now I guess if you so much as sniff a rose, you're a floraphile and you're really molesting it because it's technically the sex organ of a plant. Just stop. It's a flower, it *probably* doesn't feel anything when it's getting pollinated. And what about eating fruit, the "seed containers" of plants that used to be flowers? I guess that's even more wrong.

Just the other day on Reddit, someone asked if maple syrup was really made with "tree semen". Ugh, no, it's made from the *sap* of the tree. Although technically, sap is "tree blood". I guess I'm a Canadian vampire. :roll:

Why? Why are humans this way?? Why do they have to ruin everything and make it creepy and gross by sexualizing it? I especially don't get Americans since they're supposed to be "modest" and will flip out if they see an exposed nipple on some female celebrity. Maybe I'm overreacting to this because it was clearly meant to be a joke but...

Oh god! The trees in my Animal crossing games are pink right now. And I've been catching floating petals with my bug net so I can use them to build cute and pink DIY furniture. Obviously that's not cute at all, it's sick and perverted. 8O

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2022, 1:31 pm

I think that the point of the article is the exact opposite. That humans can look sex straight in the eye (like when admiring flowers- which are the sex organs of other organisms)and NOT see sex at all.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Apr 2022, 1:39 pm

I've never given it any thought whatsoever... oh the ideas they try to put in our heads! 8O

Many are the photos I've taken of these beautiful organs...

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2022, 2:04 pm

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2022, 3:50 pm

. . . murmur . . . murmur . . . murmur . . .

Oh for crissake!, you two get a freekin room, willya!?

ThisTimelessMoment
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Apr 2022, 2:27 am

The OP's pic looks like the roots of a pandanus tree. A tropical tree with spiky leaves.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2022, 7:46 am

ThisTimelessMoment wrote:
The OP's pic looks like the roots of a pandanus tree. A tropical tree with spiky leaves.

The OP (the original poster) did not post a pic. And the article he linked does not show any pics of tree roots.

You must mean the pic posted by Auntblabby, who was not "the original poster" of this thread.

Yes i could tell that the tree in Blabby's pic is definitely a tropical species (temperate zone trees dont have roots like that- but the banyan tree you see in Florida send roots out in crazy ways). I am sure you're right about the exact species.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2022, 7:54 am

BUT...SOME trees are starting to fight back to retake their privacy...against our human species - and its voyeuristic peeping Tom ways!