Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2022, 5:53 am

First trailer for Danny Boyle’s Sex Pistols series released

Quote:
Last Tuesday (March 29), US network FX confirmed that the six-part series, ‘Pistol’ will be available to stream in its entirety from May 31. It will be exclusively available on Disney+ in the UK. According to FX, the show will take audiences “through a kaleidoscopic telling of three of the most epic, chaotic and mucus-spattered years in the history of music,” through the eyes of “spotty, noisy, working-class kids with ‘no future’” who shook the music world to its core.

Typically for a Pistols-related project, the show has already been the source of some controversy. Rotten, real name John Lydon, is vehemently opposed to ‘Pistol’, and said that it would “water down” the band’s legacy in response to the failure of the legal action that he took to try to stop Boyle and creator and writer Craig Pearce from using the Pistols’ music in the show.

Other punk figures from the group’s late-seventies heyday who will be portrayed in ‘Pistol’ include Malcolm McLaren (Thomas Brodie-Sangster), The Pretenders’ Chrissie Hynde (Sydney Chandler), fashion legend Vivienne Westwood (Talulah Riley), and iconic model Jordan (Maisie Williams). Meanwhile, rounding out the band themselves onscreen are Toby Wallace, perhaps best known for his turn in the 2019 indie drama ‘Babyteeth’, as Jones, while Jacob Slater will portray drummer Paul Cook, and Glen Matlock assumes the part of original bass player Glen Matlock.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman