Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

What region do you live? Poll question
Poll ended at 13 Apr 2022, 6:47 pm
West Coast (California, Oregon, Washington) 22%  22%  [ 6 ]
Southwest (Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mountain West (Utah, Idaho, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Midwest 26%  26%  [ 7 ]
Deep South (Texas through Florida) 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
New England (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island) 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
East Coast (New York down through North/South Carolina) 33%  33%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 27

H_Taterz
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Apr 2022, 7:52 pm

:lol:
Yeah, my ex is from Arkansas. I don't think it suits me.

ToughDiamond wrote:
Arkansas, land of tornadoes, massive hailstones, searing summer heat, bitter winters, dangerous insects, snakes, Covid deniers, racists, homophobes, atheist haters and Trump supporters. But apart from that it's very nice.

H_Taterz

24 Apr 2022, 8:03 pm

I love Portland. It was our home away from home.

The homeless crisis is really, really bad all up and down the I-5 corridor --- from California to British Columbia. In Washington, I swear every single corner and store entrance had panhandlers in the summer. It's so bad that you aren't even allowed to stop at a rest area for more than an hour around Seattle or you can get ticketed for loitering.

Gun violence also seems like it's just everywhere now. The "new normal/not normal."
I'd love to leave the states and ex-pat, but if you have a disability, you're pretty much stuck here unless you can come up with a million bucks. I'm still about $990,999 away from that goal.

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
I am native to Portland, Oregon.

Even though there are plenty of good places to visit, do not move to Portland as the homeless population is growing at an uncontrollable rate, gun violence has become more common, and city leaders are incompetent.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2022, 8:41 pm

H_Taterz wrote:
I love Portland. It was our home away from home. The homeless crisis is really, really bad all up and down the I-5 corridor --- from California to British Columbia. In Washington, I swear every single corner and store entrance had panhandlers in the summer. It's so bad that you aren't even allowed to stop at a rest area for more than an hour around Seattle or you can get ticketed for loitering. Gun violence also seems like it's just everywhere now. The "new normal/not normal." I'd love to leave the states and ex-pat, but if you have a disability, you're pretty much stuck here unless you can come up with a million bucks. I'm still about $990,999 away from that goal.

countries like Ecuador have relatively low entrance requirements. also there are over a million ex-pat yanks living down in Mexico in places like Guaymas.

H_Taterz

24 Apr 2022, 9:07 pm

I'd never live in Mexico due to the violence there. Plus, I don't speak Spanish; however, I've actually heard Ecuador is nice if you can handle the heat and humidity.

My dream would be to live in New Zealand. :heart:
Maybe someday!

auntblabby wrote:
countries like Ecuador have relatively low entrance requirements. also there are over a million ex-pat yanks living down in Mexico in places like Guaymas.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2022, 1:06 am

H_Taterz wrote:
I'd never live in Mexico due to the violence there. Plus, I don't speak Spanish; however, I've actually heard Ecuador is nice if you can handle the heat and humidity.

My dream would be to live in New Zealand. :heart:
Maybe someday!

auntblabby wrote:

all the commonwealth nations have very strict entrance requirements for americans, but NZ is slightly more welcoming than the rest.