Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

GreaseMonkey
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Aug 2007, 2:35 am

Who here has coded operating systems before? I'm making one right now, and if you want my floppy driver, you can have it.

h4x0r
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Aug 2007, 1:05 pm

i've made an OS before.. it sucked and I can remember the kernel was really annoying and hard to make. I gave up a little while after I started the shell.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

03 Aug 2007, 1:06 pm

Lau has. :)

imipak
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Aug 2007, 6:04 pm

I keep meaning to. Most of those out there are crappy, but what I want to do is too big for me to code. (Think: A cross between the exokernel project, Plan 9, MOSIX and Linux, but mathematically proven correct and security-hole free using higher-order logic, with a GUI that delivers what Berlin and NeXTStep kept promising, some of the activities benefits of OLPC, the ability to set up pipes between GUI applications graphically and the ability to define fonts using the power of metafonts but with all the kerning, anti-aliasing and attributes of modern font engines and all the support for alpha blending and high dynamic range of modern graphics systems.)

Well, I could code it, but only if someone paid me to do nothing else for the rest of my life, and supplied me with a thousand year's worth of the elixier of perpetual youth.

gamefreak
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 12:07 pm

Have been working on the Damn Small Linux Source Code.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 4:26 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:
Lau has. :)
Yep. You can download the source code for one of them from my website.

Having any luck with DSM, Gamefreak?