Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Brainiac42
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2022, 12:05 pm

I had my first therapy appointment last week. My therapist asked me a lot of questions, and asked about my childhood development, and milestones. According to my mom I was pretty on target with my speech and walking. She said she asked because this may lead her to suggest an Autism diagnosis. I wonder if my answer will deter her from that.

Regardless, I think it went well. I don’t talk about feelings well, so I didn’t look at her much, but I do know the entire layout of her office. She has some interesting books I may check out, and some cool plants. It was a cozy office, so that helped. I have another appointment April 20th.

I’m glad I went.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2022, 2:42 pm

I am glad it went well! Therapy helped me a lot in regards to dealing with the world and understanding myself.

KaleidoscopicMagpie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Apr 2022, 3:07 pm

Sounds like a good start. Well done, going to therapy is not always easy.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2022, 3:29 pm

Going to therapy saved my life and my sanity. I learned so much about why I had so many struggles in my family and with others. I was taught healthier communication and how to set boundaries, how to say no, how to make healthier choices. I think I would have been dead in a gutter long ago if I had not had therapy and got explanations and helped to learn tools I needed and did not yet have for living a better life. Best wishes

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson