Post a pic of a car from a TV show or Movie you saw recently

Page 2 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 7:41 pm

MaxE wrote:
DeepHour wrote:
^ Query: is this a 'Coronation Street' reference? If so, you may be thinking of Roy Cropper, who is most definitely portrayed as someone with Asperger characteristics.

It's from Drive my Car.

Okay, thanks for the clarification!

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 1:39 pm

A Ford Cortina Mk 3 from the 3 March 1975 episode of 'Thriller'. Often referred to as the 'Coke Bottle', it was the best-selling car in the UK in the 1970s.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 1:51 pm

The Police Spinner, from the movie "Bladerunner".

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2022, 8:55 am

An Austin 1800 from the 3 May 1975 episode of 'Thriller'. These were manufactured from 1964 to 1975 by the British Motor Corporation (BMC), later known as British Leyland (BLMC), and were popularly known as 'Landcrabs'.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2022, 1:17 pm

Well, we've got some of these:

Trans Am TA1; more power than a Cup car and basically the same as an SCCA GT-1 car

A whole swarm of these:
Trans Am TA2; less power, narrower bodywork and narrower tires than the above category, a lot of guys who want to make it into the top tiers of stock car racing compete in this series to gain experience with road racing

Later on we'll have some of these:
NASCAR Pinty's Series; this a Canadian series, the cars are built to a different rulebook compared to Xfinity or ARCA cars, the roofline in particular is different from the American cars, they don't race at any intermediates or superspeedways so they don't need to make the same considerations as the cars that run in the American lower categories need (no roof flaps for example because the sorts of crashes they help with don't happen on road courses or short tracks, just longer ovals)

And probably some of these as well:
NASCAR Cup Car; now no longer built around '60s era truck suspension; debuting this car is probably what first started making me interested in stock car racing because it's mechanically more like a modern road racing silhouette chassis than any lower category stock car (or any previous Cup car, for that matter)

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2022, 10:10 am

An Austin 1300 from the 10 May 1975 episode of 'Thriller'. These were made by BMC and British Leyland from the mid-1960s to the early 1970s. They were popular cars, nice to drive, comfortable and spacious, but they had an appalling reputation for rust, and very few lasted anywhere near a decade on the roads.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2022, 10:19 am

A P6 Rover 2200, from the same episode. These were made by British Leyland from the mid-1960s to the mid-1970s. The honeycombe grill is typical of the later 1970s models. There was also a V8-engined version, the Rover 3500.

It's interesting that 'Thriller' and many other British TV series featured so many BMC and British Leyland cars. They were mainly very attractive and even fascinating cars, but poor quality control led to the company's share of the market dropping from around 30% in the mid-1970s to not much more than 10% a dozen years later. In 1988 it ceased to be an independent company, being bought by British Aerospace, then a few years later, what was left of the car manufacturing division was taken over by BMW.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2022, 8:27 pm

Mike Baldwin's Jaguar XJS from a June 1990 episode of Coronation Street.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2022, 8:33 pm

The Trabant from Good Bye Lenin.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2022, 8:38 pm

How did we forget this?

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 5:14 pm

An MGB Roadster from the 24 May 1975 episode of Thriller. Made from around 1962 to 1980, it's yet another BMC-British Leyland car featured in this series. This is a 'chrome bumper' model (the later ones from around 1974 onwards had rubber bumpers to conform with American safety requirements) and the 'E' registration plate indicates that this car was manufactured around 1967-68.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2022, 2:17 am

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2022, 4:00 pm

A Daimler Sovereign Series 1 from the 17 April 1976 episode of 'Thriller'. The 'L' registered plate indicates that it is a 1972-73 car. These were identical to the Jaguar versions except for a few cosmetic details. See also the pic on the previous page (second post).

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 5:40 pm

From the 24 April 1976 episode of 'Thriller'. This is definitely an MGB, but it's difficult to tell from the angle of the screenshot exactly which version. I think it's probably the MGB GT, which had a 'fixed-head' roof and a sort of hatchback rear, as opposed to the roadster, which was a convertible, albeit with a hard-top option, and a conventional boot ('trunk' to you Americanos on here :lol: ).

There was an MGB GT V8 version from 1973-76, which must have been interesting to drive.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 9:43 pm

Another P6 Rover 2200, this time from the 24 January 1983 episode of Coronation Street. This belonged to Annie Walker, landlady of 'The Rovers Return' pub, but was always driven by her barman Fred Gee, who acted as her chauffeur. Two or three seconds after this screenshot, the vehicle in front reversed into it, causing considerable damage. Mrs Walker was not best pleased....

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 10:33 pm

Pretty in Pink -- She had a funky little VW.