Post a pic of a car from a TV show or Movie you saw recently

Page 7 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 5:35 pm

Bristol 410
The Inspector Lynley Mysteries

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2023, 7:06 pm

A typical 1960s British double-decker bus from Series 1, Episode 4 of 'The Power Game' (1966). These were obviously technologically inferior to the models of today, but the service they provided was in many ways superior. For a start, a 'conductor' was responsible for collecting fares and looking after the passengers, while the driver was left free simply to drive the bus. These days, the driver in many parts of the country has to issue tickets to passengers and deal with their enquiries, leading to significantly longer journey times. The fares were also a lot cheaper, probably no more than 25% of today's levels in real terms.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2023, 4:15 pm

A Mercedes SL model, from the W113 'pagoda top' series (1963-71), driven by Lady Pamela Wilder in an episode of The Power Game (1966).

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2023, 8:04 pm

A Series 1 Jaguar XJ6 from a 1979 episode of Tales of the Unexpected. It has a non-UK registration plate, but this is maybe not surprising as this episode was filmed on location in Jamaica. United States registration, perhaps?

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2023, 8:08 pm

Oh man, I'm an absolute sucker for the wooden dashboards of this era, but I think I read somewhere that the Jaguar XJ6 and Daimler Sovereign dashboards from the 1970s were not the classic walnut types, but in fact varnished plywood. If true, rather disappointing, but they still looked quite nice in my view!

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2023, 8:25 pm

Reggie Dunlop's 1970 Pontiac GTO hardtop from the film Slapshot (1977).

The same car 40 years later freshly restored.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 8:28 pm

An Austin Healey 3000, driven by Sir John Wilder's right-hand man Don Henderson in an episode of The Power Game (1966).

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2023, 12:29 am

An MG Midget Mk3, from a 1979 episode of Tales of the Unexpected. This was the 'little brother' of the MGB model, both built at the company's Abingdon factory in Oxfordshire from the early 1960s to around 1980, when the factory closed.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2023, 1:33 am

Stirling Martin's 1995 Daytona 500 winning car.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2023, 4:15 pm

Here are some cars from the very first episode of Brookside, the iconic British soap opera from the 1980s, set in Liverpool.

A Citroen 2CV owned by Roger and Heather Huntington, the young middle class proto-yuppie couple in the series. This was first manufactured in 1948, and it's astonishing that such a vehicle was still being made in the 1980s, but it had long since become a cult car by then. This version had a 602 cc two-cylinder engine, LOL.

A Rover SD1, owned by the Collins family. First manufactured in 1976, these British Leyland cars were a sensation for their impressive looks, which were even compared with Ferraris, but unfortunately the build quality was appalling. They had problems with poor paintwork, rusting bodies, interior trim which fell to pieces, oil leaks, and almost every other sort of shoddiness and unreliability. Another product from the company that could and should have been a world-beater, but ended up as a bit of a joke....

An Austin Princess, owned by the Grant family. Another British Leyland car that never fulfilled its potential, for depressingly familiar reasons.

Barry Grant's Jaguar XJ6. This was a really nice looking early Series 2 model ('M' registered, 1973-74). I was always impressed by the fact that Barry, a building site worker in his mid-20s, could afford to run one of these!

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2023, 8:57 pm

A first generation BMW 5-series from an episode of Tales of the Unexpected (1980). In the early 1990s I owned a 525i second generation model, which was slightly more advanced but almost identical in appearance. Best car I ever drove, same colour as the one in the picture as well.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2023, 12:01 am

Some cars from a 1981 film called Thief, starring James Caan. I can't identify any of these models.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2023, 12:13 am

DeepHour wrote:
Some cars from a 1981 film called Thief, starring James Caan. I can't identify any of these models.

Late 70s Grand-Am, C3 Corvette (74-77 or so), the last one might be a late '70s Seville, but auntblabby might be better positioned to identify it.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2023, 12:26 am

^ Thanks for that - I'm hopeless with American cars!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2023, 12:30 am

DeepHour wrote:
^ Thanks for that - I'm hopeless with American cars!

You're welcome. I'd struggle a bit more with UK or EU market cars. :nerdy:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2023, 7:05 pm

A car, presumably French, that features in a 1959 film called The Scapegoat, set in France. The curvaceous lines are a little reminiscent of the Jaguar XK series from the 1950s, but this car looks a good deal more exotic and outrageous. Can anyone identify it?