Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2022, 4:53 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I would just park it a couple of blocks away. That way, I could get my 10,000 steps easier :)

You clearly don't understand the upper bourgeois mind. One parks their horse and carriage in front of the palace so all and sundry can witness/acknowledge their importance.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2022, 4:59 pm

cyberdad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I would just park it a couple of blocks away. That way, I could get my 10,000 steps easier.
You clearly don't understand the upper bourgeois mind. One parks their horse and carriage in front of the palace so all and sundry can witness/acknowledge their importance.
Neighbors down the way park their "carriages" (two low-riders, three F-150 pick-ups, two trailers, and a stake-bed truck) on both sides of the streets, forcing their neighbors to park at least two door down from their own homes.  This is because they have not one, but two RV/campers parked in their driveway.

All perfectly legal.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2022, 5:03 pm

Fnord wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I would just park it a couple of blocks away. That way, I could get my 10,000 steps easier.
Neighbors down the way park their "carriages" (two low-riders, three F-150 pick-ups, two trailers, and a stake-bed truck) on both sides of the streets, forcing their neighbors to park at least two door down from their own homes.  This is because they have not one, but two RV/campers parked in their driveway.

All perfectly legal.

It always amazes me why people buy vehicles that are the size of small trucks designed for off-road driving for the purpose of keeping them shiny/spotless and never sees one day off the bitumin so they can parade it on the cafe strip.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2022, 5:40 pm

cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
The vehicles in this melee are called "Toorak tractors" (Toorak being our equivalent of "Beverely Hills) which is a parody of wealthy middle/class Melbournites who buy 4-wheel drives that often don't fit carparks and cause scraps all so they can look down on everyone else :lol:

One of 'em is an old CRV though. It's a little, fairly cheap crossover.

They were "jousting" for pole position. Russell street is a "sort after" prime parking for the wealthy inner city types. You should see the victors park and take 40 min to get down in their sleeveless katmandu jackets and pretend to talk to some body on their phones in one hand while they carry their take-away cafe lattes in the other. They want everyone to see them.

I'm just saying, one of them isn't driving a status symbol. Personally I'm surprised the Merc owner was willing to trade paint with someone's old Civic-on-stilts.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2022, 3:10 am

funeralxempire wrote:
I'm just saying, one of them isn't driving a status symbol. Personally I'm surprised the Merc owner was willing to trade paint with someone's old Civic-on-stilts.

Oh you haven't seen CRV drivers, they are equally a-holes on the road like mercs/beamers...just spent less money to acquire the attitude :lol:

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2022, 3:13 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
One of the drivers claimed that "the parking space is ...an independent country being oppressed by the other guy", and that "the other guy is neo Nazi".

Well he was driving a German car.

Exactly! The Honda driver has a civic duty to cleanse that parking space of Nazis! :D

Honda is a Japanese car. I thought the two were allies. Sounds more like an intra-Axis dispute.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2022, 8:23 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
One of the drivers claimed that "the parking space is . . . an independent country being oppressed by the other guy", and that "the other guy is neo-Nazi".
Exactly!  The Honda driver has a civic duty to cleanse that parking space of Nazis!
Honda is a Japanese car.  I thought the two were allies.  Sounds more like an intra-Axis dispute.
Your info is almost 80 years out of date.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2022, 8:31 am

Fnord wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
One of the drivers claimed that "the parking space is . . . an independent country being oppressed by the other guy", and that "the other guy is neo-Nazi".
Exactly!  The Honda driver has a civic duty to cleanse that parking space of Nazis!
Honda is a Japanese car.  I thought the two were allies.  Sounds more like an intra-Axis dispute.
Your info is almost 80 years out of date.

My 2010 Honda Fit was actually built in Japan.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2022, 8:44 am

And people wonder why highly intelligent and perfectly reasonable people are sometimes attracted to the Left.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2022, 7:22 pm

MaxE wrote:
And people wonder why highly intelligent and perfectly reasonable people are sometimes attracted to the Left.

As with the drivers. the more money you have, the less inclined you will be to leftist causes