Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2022, 8:16 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Usually, they are put in mental hospitals. Sometimes, they're put in what used to be called "institutions for the criminally insane." Now, they might be called "forensics units." But they have to find him "not guilty by reason of insanity" in order for this to happen. The person is put on medication, and receives various sorts of mental health counseling.

Otherwise, he'd be going to prison, and perhaps placed in a section of the prison where severely mentally ill prisoners are housed. The person would be medicated, and would receive various sorts of mental health counseling. At the very least, he would be put in an "administrative segregation unit," and housed separately from other prisoners because of the publicity which is part and parcel of his crime.

John Hinckley, the guy who shot President Ronald Reagan, was put in one of these facilities; his wasn't really a bad place at all. Some are pretty bad places. He stayed there are 30 years; eventually, he was slowly released into the community.

ya believe it or not Hinkley was one of my dads neighbors at Texas Tech in Lubbock in the 70's.I am glad Hinkley got the help he needed and I hope this guy gets the mental help he needs.We need to bring back institutions but make sure they are humane.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2022, 8:22 am

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
n a more than hourlong rant posted on YouTube Sunday night, James raged about the war in Ukraine, and said it would become the precursor for a race war to wipe out Black people.
The guys a nutter but it's strange how he thought to link the war in Ukraine with a race war against blacks?
People have tried to link Jeffrey Dahmer, Sandy Hook, and the Kennedy assassinations to a non-existent "race war".

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2022, 8:28 am

Don't forget the Manson murders!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2022, 8:30 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Don't forget the Manson murders!
No, that was an actual attempt to start a race war, not a response to an alleged race war.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2022, 1:34 pm

Suspect in Brooklyn subway train shooting has been arrested, officials say

Quote:
The 62-year-old man suspected of shooting 10 people on a subway train in Brooklyn on Tuesday was arrested by patrol officers in New York's East Village neighborhood on Wednesday afternoon, three law enforcement officials told CNN.

Frank James, who police initially described as a "person of interest," was taken into custody hours after officials declared him a suspect in the shooting.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2022, 2:47 pm

James has been charged with committing terrorism or other violent acts on mass transportation and faces life in prison.

His motive is still under investigation, although he recorded numerous videos on social media attacking different racial groups, predicting a race war between Black and white people, and threats and derogatory statements against Black people, white people, Jewish people, and Mexicans.  In his latest uploaded video on April 11, 2022, James said that he has wanted to watch people die and that he has been through a lot in his life.

James claimed Mayor Adams and others contributed to his mental health problems, stating that they aren't working to help the mentally ill because "they're all for themselves".  James mentioned he was a mental health patient at one of the area New York Behavioral Health clinics and claimed that after going there for help, he left with more issues.

He was known to authorities and has 9 prior arrests in NYC between 1992 and 1998 for possession of burglary tools four times, criminal sex act and theft of service two times.  He was also arrested three times in New Jersey in 1991, 1992 and 2007 for trespass, larceny and disorderly conduct.

Read the Full Set of Articles
 HERE 

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2022, 2:11 am

Fnord wrote:
His motive is still under investigation, although he recorded numerous videos on social media attacking different racial groups, predicting a race war between Black and white people, and threats and derogatory statements against Black people, white people, Jewish people, and Mexicans.  In his latest uploaded video on April 11, 2022, James said that he has wanted to watch people die and that he has been through a lot in his life.

So he wanted a race war and hated all races equally. Well that was egalitarian of him. Probably hated himself.

Fortunately nobody has died which is a miracle.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2022, 2:27 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
ya believe it or not Hinkley was one of my dads neighbors at Texas Tech in Lubbock in the 70's.I am glad Hinkley got the help he needed and I hope this guy gets the mental help he needs.We need to bring back institutions but make sure they are humane.

Based.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2022, 8:31 am

This is just weird ….. got to wonder , where this guys mind was ?. If ,as reported in local news , he turned himself in after seeing his picture in the news . No reports on him admitting to doing the shootings. Think that might be revolent to the reporting ?

where ever you go ,there you are

munstead
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2022, 9:29 am

Based on photos of him next to a load of police officers he must be the tallest 5'5 person that ever existed.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2022, 5:09 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Based.

..i for sure want them to bbe humane based or did you mean something else?The homeless like myself dont have any where but the streets or jail to go and homeless or be in abusive situations.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2023, 6:01 pm

Frank James pleads guilty to terrorism charges in Brooklyn subway shooting

Quote:
A man who opened fire on a Brooklyn subway train last year, wounding 10 passengers in a rush-hour attack that shocked New York City, pleaded guilty Tuesday to federal terrorism charges.

Frank James, who had posted online that he was the "Prophet of Doom," appeared in a Brooklyn federal court and admitted to pulling the trigger on a Manhattan-bound train as it moved between stations on April 12, 2022. He didn't have a plea agreement, and prosecutors are seeking to put him in prison for decades.

James, 63, wearing a beige jail jumpsuit and black-rimmed glasses, said he only intended to cause serious bodily injury, not death. He pleaded guilty to all 11 counts in his indictment, including 10 counts of committing a terrorist attack against a mass transit system — one for each wounded passenger. He previously had vowed to fight the charges.

Several victims of the shooting were in court for James' guilty plea, but none wanted to talk to reporters afterward.

At the hearing, Assistant U.S. Attorney Sara Winik said James "intended to inflict maximum damage at the height of rush hour."

In a jailhouse interview with The Associated Press in August, James spoke about his lifelong struggle with mental health and the notoriety he gained at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn, where he befriended the disgraced R&B star R Kelly.

"It's going to be a long case," a sanguine and bespectacled James told the AP. "People don't have enough information yet to judge me."

"All in all I'm a good person at heart," he added. "I've never hurt anybody."

But prosecutors say James planned the shooting for years and terrified all of New York City with an attack that upended the ritual of the morning commute and endangered dozens of lives.

In court papers, prosecutors suggested James had the means to carry out more attacks, noting that he had ammunition and other gun-related items in a Philadelphia storage unit. The New York City native had been living in Milwaukee and Philadelphia prior to the shooting.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman