Jesus told Rachel Hamm to check voter registration

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2022, 10:05 pm

Republican candidate Rachel Hamm not only sees Jesus in her dreams but apparently Jesus told her to check voter registration of Mexicans who might be illegal :roll:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2022, 8:14 am

Is this the best the Republicans have to offer?

In her bid to be California’s Secretary of State, Republican candidate Rachel Hamm has the backing of some of the leading lights in the Trump movement.  She has the endorsement of MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn and Steve Bannon called her part of a rising generation of superstars.

But Hamm’s new allies often fail to mention her role battling in what she imagines as a ceaseless war with Satanists and witches.  Hamm has claimed that devil-worshippers sacrificed animals and performed other occult rituals in front of her house.  She is also saying that her prayers inspired the murder of a witch in her neighborhood.

:roll: And Christians wonder why their numbers are dwindling.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2022, 5:06 pm

1972 - A person who claims to hear from somebody who died 2000 years ago telling them what to do is institutionalized.

2022 - A person who claims to hear from somebody who died 2000 years ago telling them what to do is part of a powerful political movement that has animated 30 or 35 percent of the country or so.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2022, 6:41 pm

I'm a Christian and I get dreams, some of which are prophecies which came true. On the other hand though, some have been false.
I think Rachel is having similar dreams and not just making things up. Whether or not they are really from God is debatable.
When someone has such a dream its a powerful personal experience, so its easy to get swept away.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2022, 8:57 pm

klanka wrote:
I think Rachel is having similar dreams and not just making things up. .

Truth is often stranger than fiction and I am not the all-seeing eye so it could be she really believed she had a conversation with J.Christ

But even she must have at least some scepticism that our biblical jesus would want America to remain white and stop iilegal immigration?

Matthew 25: 31-40. “I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.”

MAGA christians maybe believe so strongly that jesus would help build the wall (didn't Pink Floyd warn/predict that this would happen when society is on the brink?) that maybe they could easily induce hallucinations that jesus would turn up in their dreams and say "Lo let not white America be periled by the brown heathen" (which is kinda stupid since Mexicans are also his followers).

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2022, 8:23 pm

klanka wrote:
I'm a Christian and I get dreams, some of which are prophecies which came true. On the other hand though, some have been false.
I think Rachel is having similar dreams and not just making things up. Whether or not they are really from God is debatable.
When someone has such a dream its a powerful personal experience, so its easy to get swept away.

I fancy myself a Christian, and thank God none of my dreams have ever come true!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2022, 9:52 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
klanka wrote:

I fancy myself a Christian, and thank God none of my dreams have ever come true!

If my dreams came true then we would be living in an apocalyptic landscape out of Dante's inferno, Goya's paintings or Salvador Dali's imagination.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2022, 10:29 pm

I had a dream in 2018 that I was in a grocery store where the shelves were all empty and people were praying while on mats on the floor. One of them told me it was the End Times. In the dream I thought they were very ridiculous and was merely annoyed that I couldn't buy my groceries.

I guess sometimes dreams really do come true, but only when they're bad. :(

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2022, 10:51 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
klanka wrote:

If my dreams came true then we would be living in an apocalyptic landscape out of Dante's inferno, Goya's paintings or Salvador Dali's imagination.

Still... that sounds pretty cool!

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2022, 6:06 pm

It says in the bible that people will have prophetic dreams in the end times. There are also subtle warnings about believing every dream.
I've had dreams which predicted the events of the next day quite often. They didn't ever have any useful information in them to prevent something bad happening though.
I had some which said things e.g. that a woman I knew and myself were Inseperable, this turned out to be false.

It is confusing when miraculously some tell the future and some don't.

I've had dreams that predicted some pretty dark things happening to myself which I hope are not true.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2022, 7:09 pm

The characteristics about so-called “prophetic” dreams make them difficult to verify. First, there is no way for objective witnesses to observe the dreams while they are being dreamt. Second, reports of “prophetic” dreams occur after the events they allegedly prophesied. Third, memories of dreams acquire more details and specificity as time passes -- these alleged “memories” are entirely subjective and cannot be verified. Fourth, confirmation bias plays a big role in matching dreams to real-world events.

All in all, reports of “prophetic” dreaming are purely anecdotal.

Besides, if a significant number of dreams of just a single person corresponded to future events, this would be a great benefit to humankind and we should try to find out and replicate whatever mechanism is at work here. However, no such person has yet been found, despite numerous claims to the contrary.

(Is it not amazing that when these “dream prophets” are challenged to prophesy a future event, either their “dream prophesies” are so vague as to apply to anything, or they completely miss the mark?)

I once had a very vivid childhood dream that a helicopter crashed on my uncle’s farm. Forty-something years later, some kids down the road crashed a hobby drone into the same uncle’s house. Was this prophesy? Doubtful. I had binge-watched several episodes of M*A*S*H the day before I had the dream. The more likely explanation (backed by science) is my mind was processing memories from each episode, especially the opening credits backed by video clips of helicopters.

Now I challenge any self-professed “dream prophets” to report their dreams from tonight in this thread, so that the rest of us can examine the next day’s events to determine a match.

(How about tomorrow night’s lottery numbers?)

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2022, 7:32 pm

cyberdad wrote:
(didn't Pink Floyd warn/predict that this would happen when society is on the brink?)

I don't think so. At least not originally. The album is an anthology about someone building a wall around himself. Although Roger Waters might have switched the theme to American politics like he did with "Pigs (Three Different Ones)".

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2022, 7:39 pm

Biblically a wall was built around Jerusalem after the Babylonian invasion, as told in Nehemiah.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2022, 7:13 am

I don't claim to be a prophet. If a prophet fails even once they can't be trusted.

I had some which predicted none-important events of the next day, but as I said, not useful and only intetpretated when the thing happened. Like one was me finding a baked bean in my bed.
Then the next morning someone brought a full English breakfast to me in bed (with baked beans of course) this has no happened before or since.

So they are mostly useless as they predict unimportant things and can only be interpreted afterwards.

There are many other examples but I would have to rack my brains to remember them.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2022, 8:33 am

"Is it true; is it kind, or is it necessary?" -- Socrates,

The Socratic standard (and more) applies to "prophesies", as well.

• First, is the alleged "prophesy" true?  This can only be determined once the allegedly prophesied events have occurred.  Note, however, that (1) we know of prophesies only after the events they have allegedly foretold, (2) we never seem to hear of the prophesies that did not come true; and (3) most prophesies are so vaguely worded that correlation can be made with practically any event.

• Second, is the alleged "prophesy" kind?  Anyone can predict gloom and doom, as such events occur on an almost daily basis.  Mass shootings, droughts, pandemics, civil unrest, and celebrity/political scandals have become our backdrop.  Hardly any alleged "prophesies" center on blessed events unless those events have already happened.

• Third, is the alleged "prophesy" necessary?  If the prophesied events are not likely to directly affect anyone reading about them, then the alleged "prophesies" themselves are irrelevant.  If a prophesy is intended as a warning, then it should warn us about events that are likely to happen in the physical world and in the near future.  "Spiritual" events, and events that will allegedly happen long after we are gone are irrelevant.

• Fourth, is the alleged "prophesy" helpful?  As mentioned before, anyone can predict gloom and doom, but very few prophesies allow for an escape clause -- a prediction that the dire events can be avoided if certain specific actions are taken.  And by "specific actions", I do not mean a word salad of vague admonishments to "do better" or "pray more", but specific actions to be taken that will mitigate or prevent the allegedly "prophesied" event.

• Finally, is the alleged "prophesy" worded clearly enough to be understood by everyone who can read?  For example, each quatrain of Nostradamus can be interpreted as a prophesy of several different and unrelated events (after they have occurred, of course), while scientific theories can predict recordable physical events with almost total certainty.  Prophesies should not need to be interpreted if they are presented in the readers' native language(s).

Once these self-appointed "prophets" start recording their alleged "prophesies" in advance, it becomes easy to determine that their accuracy is no greater than random chance, unless their alleged "prophesies" are so vaguely worded as to apply to almost any situation.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2022, 4:33 pm

klanka wrote:
I don't claim to be a prophet. If a prophet fails even once they can't be trusted.

I had some which predicted none-important events of the next day, but as I said, not useful and only intetpretated when the thing happened. Like one was me finding a baked bean in my bed.
Then the next morning someone brought a full English breakfast to me in bed (with baked beans of course) this has no happened before or since.

So they are mostly useless as they predict unimportant things and can only be interpreted afterwards.

There are many other examples but I would have to rack my brains to remember them.

Then by that measure, Rachel Hamm certainly isn't a prophet, as there is no fraud committed in voter registration.