Autism or love? Why not both?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Eddy98
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Apr 2022, 8:48 am

Hey ho!

Are you in love? And how does your autism affect in a positive way? Let us talk for a moment about how love can be wonderful, how dating makes more fun that people assume and who we love romantically. I'd love to read *your* love story!

I myself am in a loving, and healthy relationship since 1 1/2 years. We both met at an instution for disabled people where we live. It was simple, we met, became friends and fell in love. And it works very well between us. Yes, we have fights, it can be hard sometimes and it's not perfect, but whos relationship is perfect? He accepts me for who I am... no, he *loves* me for who I am with all my quirks, traits, problems, and everything that comes with me. And I would lie if I'd say I dont do the same.

So if you like, you can share here your story, talk about your crush or talk about last, yet happy relationships. I'd love to read that!

Love&peace, Ed

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2022, 9:00 am

Yes, I do like positive stories such as yours.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2022, 12:02 pm

I am in a happy relationship with an NT man. He loves me for who I am, and I don't seem to find a relationship difficult at all. I don't mind being touched (in fact I love being touched no matter how I'm feeling), and I am very affectionate and have no trouble telling him how I feel and that I love him. I can be hyper sometimes, and disorganised, and I worry about things, but it doesn't affect our relationship. He has smoking and drinking habits that I'm not happy about but there's not much I can do about that, unfortunately. He tries not to smoke around me much and he understands a lot of things about me. We don't argue much, only occasionally we might have a row but it's usually when he's drunk. When we have a row when he's sober, it's usually about things most adult couples argue over, like money. But this ain't often. He does admit his quirks, and so do I. That makes things a lot better when people admit when they're wrong.

The only problem we face is sleeping time. He's the world's loudest snorer no matter what position he lays in, and he also moves an awful lot in his sleep which makes the bed quake. So I often have trouble getting to sleep because of it, and the couch isn't very comfortable to sleep on. We are planning on getting a bed for the spare room, just so I can go to if he's difficult to sleep with. I do use earplugs but sometimes his snoring is no loud that even earplugs don't always muffle the sound. But we don't let this ruin our relationship, as our love is too strong to let anything come between us.

We have a special bond, like I always have with my mum. We are soulmates. It proves that an Aspie can bond normally with an NT. If I had an NT child I'd probably be able to bond with them too. I have normal/high empathy so I don't find love difficult to feel or express.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2022, 6:55 pm

Aww nice I’m happy for you Joe! Beautiful real life stories.