Can a couple have a baby without living together?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2022, 1:16 am

I remember hearing stories that my great grandparents lived apart. They moved from a farmhouse on the prairies to Vancouver and then she and the kids wanted to stay, and he hated city life so moved back. I have no idea how often they saw each other or if they had more kids during that time apart - but it’s biologically possible.

There’s a potential back story for couples living apart. Country vs city living.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2022, 1:25 am

My grandparents were married over 50 years and they always had separate bedrooms.

Couples do whatever works best for them, whether it's separate rooms, separate houses, or sometimes separate cities / countries quite far apart.

If they can cooperate to raise a child harmoniously it doesn't matter who lives where.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2022, 2:16 am

It does happen and I know a couple who do that.

The reality is that many people are critical of what they are doing. Many people think that it's not ideal and that such a couple have some kind of problem.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2022, 10:44 am

temp1234 wrote:
It does happen and I know a couple who do that.

The reality is that many people are critical of what they are doing. Many people think that it's not ideal and that such a couple have some kind of problem.

True. Here people tend to say that even sleeping on different beds is a sign of a break up soon to come. :roll:
What if one just snores so loud that the other can't sleep in the same room? Having separate bedrooms is healthier for the relationship than the other constantly getting too little sleep.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2022, 10:53 am

Before the Brady Bunch, almost all married couples on US TV slept in separate beds.

Lucy and Ricky (even though they were actually married in real life) slept in a separate bed in "I Love Lucy."