Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2022, 12:40 pm

brane75 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
brane75 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Even if you people decide for yourselves what the 'truth' really is, what will you DO about it?  Speculation without action is useless day-dreaming.
One thing that comes to mind - someone taking responsibility for vaccine side effects, which wasn't the case so far.
The side-effects of the vaccines show that the vaccine is ramping up your immune system.  If there were no side-effects, the vaccines would be ineffective.
So you're saying it's the person's immune system that takes responsibility for a legal product?
No, I am saying this is the normal response to a vaccine -- any vaccine.
brane75 wrote:
I am by no means an antivaxxer and i already got my triple Moderna dosage but with all due respect; what you are saying makes no sense.
Then I assume you have little or no scientific background beyond primary school.
brane75 wrote:
The only antivaxx stance i agree on is that many side effect cases were left silent in all the mainstream media.
Mainstream media does tend to ignore the rumors and false claims one usually encounters on social media and conspiracy theorists' websites.

brane75
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Apr 2022, 5:09 pm

With the same logic you can say that a bad reaction to alcohol is what wrecks up some people's minds, and not the alcohol itself.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

22 Apr 2022, 7:02 pm

Pepe wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:
^
No matter how good your thinking is, if you can't trust the information, you can't trust the conclusions.

As I said, use your critical thinking skills and life experience to suss out the bullshite.
Keep a skeptical mindset because you can't blindly trust what the establishment says.
Find reliable sources and consider what they have to say.
It isn't rocket surgery. ;)

How do you, personally, determine whether a source is reliable?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2022, 10:04 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
How do you, …, determine whether a source is reliable?
Some of the methods that University of Washington Libraries suggest are:

5 W Questions (5Ws): This method means thinking critically about each of your sources by answering five questions to determine if the source is credible/reliable. The acceptable answers to these questions will vary depending on your needs. The questions are:

Who is the author? (Authority)
What is the purpose of the content? (Accuracy)
Where is the content from? (Publisher)
Why does the source exist? (Purpose and Objectivity)
How does this source compare to others? (Determining What’s What)

SMART Check: This method is particularly good at evaluating newspaper sources. Like the 5Ws method it also involves answering critical questions about your source. The criteria are:

Source: Who or what is the source?
Motive: Why do they say what they do?
Authority: Who wrote the story?
Review: Is there anything included that jumps out as potentially untrue?
Two-Source Test: How does it compare to another source?

CRAAP Test: This method provides you with a set of criteria that make a source more or less credible. The criteria are:

Currency: Timeliness of the information.
Relevance: Importance of the information for your needs.
Authority: Source of the information.
Accuracy: Truthfulness and correctness of the information.
Purpose: Reason the information exists.

Read the Full Article
HERE

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2022, 7:39 am

The incidence of major side effects caused by the vaccines is very minimal.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2022, 9:10 pm

There's no absolute closure on the issue likely to happen because, lets just say if there was an 'oops' somewhere it was in places that don't need to be transparent.

One thing I do find personally persuasive - Yuri Dagan set out to debunk lab-leak hypothesis, ended up forced to go in the opposite direction, and then even chased after Bret Weinstein on the Ivermectin issue in Quillette and made a persuasive case that the particular studies where Ivermectin was claimed to be powerful in suppressing the effects of Covid were deeply flawed.

It was also a trip watching 'lab leak hypothesis' go from tin foil hat territory to semi mainstream acceptability almost without an extra breath.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin