Page 4 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 8:54 pm

My decision for myself:

Whether God exists or not or he is as the Bible and other Christians describe or not I'm going to behave and conduct myself in a way that there is a supreme being that does exist.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 9:04 pm

I’m an atheist until I’m provided with valid, verifiable evidence. Some sort of entity could exist, I suppose, but it wouldn’t necessarily be worthy of worship.

To me, a decent god that’d be worthy of worship couldn’t be BOTH all-loving and all-powerful based on atrocities that occur every day. Some see things differently and that’s okay. A deity wouldn’t have to be the Biblical god, either. It could be any of the others or one that hasn’t been thought up yet.

This is just a mental exercise because I won’t believe in something that hasn’t been proven.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 9:16 pm

AngelRho wrote:
perhaps to justify the idea that Christians and Hebrews don’t worship the same God.

I do recommend dabbling with Marcionism at least once. Many things make so much more sense with that assumption in place, much less brain twirling required. OT God isn't just different ... he's borderline Faustian in some parts.