Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

sstiel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Apr 2022, 4:45 pm

Hello all,

These forums are really good for my wellbeing.

What hurts me now is I'm 35 years old, I haven't got children of my own yet and I still live with my parents. I have classmates who are living in their own places and are now starting to have children of their own.

Of course not every autistic person wants to be a father/mother. Do you feel the clock is ticking on whatever you want to do in life and that you have been delayed? You have missed a lot on a lot of things.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2022, 6:09 am

I’m 61, with no kids, either.

I’m sort of “arrested” in my development, too.

At least I’m not homeless.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2022, 9:10 am

Single 39 , zero children, no desire for any

Nobody wants to date me

My minimum wage slave labor doesn't provide enough to raise a family (although some coworkers have children)

Not every neurotypical has or wants children

Not all autistics have or want children

Not everyone is suited to be parents

Children take a lot of time, cash and energy

Overpopulation

The solar system will be fine even if you don't have children. At least, as fine as it would have been, I you were to have had children

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

20 Apr 2022, 9:55 am

I've always been waaay behind my peers with LOTS of things but I don't really care where my peers are at in life. I am NOT them & they are NOT me. They don't have my disabilities so it's best for me not to compare myself to them. I hated & majorly resented my mom comparing me to others & b!tching about how I was not as independent as my peers & even other disabled people mom was friends with. Those disableds had only one major disability that was immediately recognized & understood when they were very little & were able to receive help & training growing up to work around their disability. Whereas I'm disabled somewhat majorly in lots of different ways & others did not really know what those disabilities were, let alone understood em so I did not have as much help & support growing up. My mom was comparing apples & oranges with me & it was extremely frustrating for me so I did NOT want to do the same to myself.

I was VERY lonely & HATED being single in my 20s but it was not because I was comparing myself to my peers. I hated my situation because I needed to have one person I could be really close to & be myself with. Almost no women were willing to give me half a chance due to my disabilities & life situation. I was doing my best to deal with things & I sure did feel that I could never measure up to women's initial standards whereas most of my peers would. However I also knew that I had lots of good qualities if someone was willing to take a real chance on me & kiss a toad hoping it would turn into a handsome prince in their eyes.

I never really wanted kids. I feel I have too many issues to be a decent parent. I felt like a parent in all 3 of the relationships I've had, especially my 1st & current relationship. I'm very protective of women I love & my 1st & current girlfriend had/have various issues they were/are dealing with & my 1st & 2nd gf were a lot younger than me but my current gf is about half a year older. I feel I s#ck at handing that responsibility in my current relationship sometimes so I'd be worse at raising kids. I'm also not sure I can separate romantic & parental feelings so I defeiently should NOT have kids. My current gf kinda wants kids but she realizes that she has too many issues herself to really handle it. The responsibility of having pets & supporting & helping each other in daily life is enough for us.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition