Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2022, 3:51 am

I use it in a very limited way but I have found it to be essential to maintain some personal contact, since I have so little of it in real life, and it has allowed me to be in touch with people I knew years ago whom I would not have had an excuse to contact otherwise. I find that there is a comfort in communicating, even in a limited way, with people I have known for years, even if I was not in touch with them for most of those years. We have a shared history.

The way I use social media is that I post, on Instagram, photos of events I went to or photos I took around the neighborhood that I think are pretty or of artwork that I made, with a very brief description. One a day or less. I have it set up so that the same posts also post on Facebook, where I know more people than I do on Instagram. This way I don't get into discussions, I basically just post pretty pictures, that to some extent document my life but only very casually. And it's nice to get likes and occasional comments, because it's like people saying hello. I see a "like" as a hello, because how much do they really care about or enjoy the actual picture? They're just being nice. So I find that pleasant.

And I try to reciprocate by saying hello to others by liking their posts and occasionally adding a comment if I have something nice or funny or compassionate (to commiserate if they posted something distressing to them) to say.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2022, 10:11 am

Sometimes , I see posts that are appearing like posts a bot might make … if Elon Musk had so many issues with twitter about that stuff, A personal might wonder how extensive or profuse they occur throughout all Social Media ? 8O . ????

where ever you go ,there you are

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2023, 6:47 pm

i'm having some problems with keeping up with life itself.

GreenVelvetWorm
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2023, 5:03 pm

I was in my teens when social media started to become big (MySpace, and then Facebook) and the people I knew pestered me to make an account. But I never signed up because I wasn't a very social person and I didn't see the appeal of it

I still don't interact with social media except for watching youtube videos, lurking tumblr (and in the past, reddit) and sometimes posting my art on Instagram (I just started doing that last year).

I don't judge people who use social media, but I'm still confused about why it's so popular and what it's for

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2023, 5:13 pm

i use it nominally to gain information about certain of my perseverative interests such as audio restoration and vintage electronics. there is also the "cough wagon" aspie forum.

Winters Gate
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2023, 6:07 pm

Not really a fan of the popular.social media.

Ive.tried facebook,.Twitter, discord, tiktok, and instagram because I was told that's how to make friends and talk to people on the internet.

It ended up feeling like a new place.to get.ignored.

Also not a fan of the negativity some of these have.

Forums seem easier.at.least.to.keep up with.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2023, 6:16 pm

now and then one meets another on the same vibrational level, that is what connecting really boils down to, having two or more people on the same frequency. for most of us aspies that is a tall order.