QAnon leaders push followers into multi-level marketing.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2022, 8:46 am

Leading QAnon conspiracy theorists have found a new way to make money from their supporters: directing them to buy and sell products for multi-level marketing companies.

MLMs, which rely on new members recruiting subordinate salespeople, with the original "upline" making money from their "downline" recruit's sales, have previously been the domain of leggings and essential oils companies.  But now QAnon leaders want in on the action.

In a December livestream to his QAnon fanbase, conspiracy theorist Phil Godlewski laid out what he described as the key to their financial futures: buying silver.  The precious metal, Godlewski insisted, would soon explode in value after the passage of legislation some QAnon believers think will bring on a utopia.  Income taxes would be eliminated, debt would be abolished, and anyone holding silver would become fabulously wealthy.

But Godlewski didn’t want his followers to buy silver from just any company.  Instead, he told them to buy through 7k Metals, a multi-level marketing business and metals dealer.

Selling silver through 7k Metals marked the latest business move from Godlewski, who served time in jail last year after bouncing a bad check for more than $21,000, then falsifying bank records to avoid being caught.  In an unrelated 2010 case, Godlewski was indicted over carrying on an alleged sexual relationship with a 15-year-old.  He later pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of corrupting a minor.

Godlewski and 7k Metals did not respond to requests for comment.

Read the Full Article
 HERE 

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2022, 9:17 am

I am a silver buyer/seller, as I have been doing so for over forty years. It might go up in the future, but is just as likely to go down. It greatly depends upon production and demand. Prices can become messed up whenever a large deposit is found or if a major player sells off on the market. This happened in 1980 with the Hunt brothers trying to corner the silver market. It crashed from $51 an oz. to $4 an oz. It stayed at that price for almost a decade. Most of my physical silver was bought at the $4 to 8 per oz. level. It is now around $25.50 or so today for a Troy oz.

I have a feeling that the company selling the silver to “investors” are selling it to them at spot x2. That is called ”a sucker born every minute” syndrome. It is likely in the form of silver contracts, which can be very risky compared to the actual metal itself. A good silver dealer will allow you to buy physical silver at spot + $3 per oz. It may be higher at certain times depending upon how much physical silver the seller has on hand. When you go to sell, you should be able to get spot price for it. If they offer less, go elsewhere to sell. Simple as that.

If QAnon members get taken for a ride on this scam, I will not be sorry that it happened to them.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2022, 10:46 am

Wow, did not expect the first answer to be from someone who actually follows silver.

My Mum has a silver tray that requires a lot of polishing. Do you need to maintain your silver stock? Is it a lot of work?

I hate MLMs.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2022, 10:47 am

As you know, silver tends to tarnish----so it needs maintenance.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2022, 11:00 am

So...buy this silver, and then pay for it with bitcoin.

So when both the silver and the crypto bubbles burst...you will have a lot of worthless silver, but you will have paid for it with then worthless bitcoin. So it will even out! :D

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2022, 7:42 am

hurtloam wrote:
Wow, did not expect the first answer to be from someone who actually follows silver.

My Mum has a silver tray that requires a lot of polishing. Do you need to maintain your silver stock? Is it a lot of work?

I hate MLMs.

Yes, silver oxidizes in air over time. How much depends upon what it is exposed to. I often buy very oxidized sterling pieces for cheap and bring them back to near new with some work. There are several ways to polish it if you want to keep it shiny. Below is a link on how to do it easily:

https://www.everbritecoatings.com/how-to-clean-silver

The site is trying to get you to buy a clear coating for your silver after polishing it. I never bother, as I have a silver closet that I store my silver in. It has packets of gum camphor (available at drug stores) that prevent sulfur from coming in contact with the silver surfaces. Sulfur compounds in the air promote the oxidation process.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2022, 7:51 am

naturalplastic wrote:
So...buy this silver, and then pay for it with bitcoin.

So when both the silver and the crypto bubbles burst...you will have a lot of worthless silver, but you will have paid for it with then worthless bitcoin. So it will even out! :D

I would be happy that they did that. During the rise in silver, I will sell off my excess at a high price to them and then buy it back at a much lower price when they have to sell. If I can make money off of QAnon’s net losses, even better for me. The old saying goes: Buyer beware.

Do I expect silver to suddenly go to $100/oz. or higher? No, but I am prepared if it does happen. If the market falls out for it, I revert back to buying more while the price is cheap. I am a long term player in this arena. It is the same concept for those that play on the stock market: sell high and buy low. I do see an overall trend upward as it is needed for future electric car production.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 8:09 am

Crypto scam baffles the followers of two QAnon-affiliated conspiracy theorist influencers.

Do you remember the famous phrase? -- "Do not believe everything you see on the internet!"  Well, it should be diligently followed through if you do not want to fall victim to scams.  Two QAnon-affiliated conspiracy theorist influencers caused their followers millions of dollars in losses by running a cryptocurrency pump-and-dump scheme.  The pair reportedly persuaded their thousands of followers to invest in a crypto portfolio, presenting a misleading mix of conspiratorial and genuine content along with claims about institutions backing the tokens to generate hype and raise the price of the portfolio. . .

Read the Full Story
 HERE 

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 9:24 am

Fnord wrote:
Crypto scam baffles the followers of two QAnon-affiliated conspiracy theorist influencers.

Do you remember the famous phrase? -- "Do not believe everything you see on the internet!"  Well, it should be diligently followed through if you do not want to fall victim to scams.  Two QAnon-affiliated conspiracy theorist influencers caused their followers millions of dollars in losses by running a cryptocurrency pump-and-dump scheme.  The pair reportedly persuaded their thousands of followers to invest in a crypto portfolio, presenting a misleading mix of conspiratorial and genuine content along with claims about institutions backing the tokens to generate hype and raise the price of the portfolio. . .

Read the Full Story
 HERE 

I am not surprised it happened to them. Gullible people tend to be the easiest to get to fall for those types of scams. They usually do not do their homework before dumping money into something that promises a large return. If something seems too good to be true, it often is. Buyer beware.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 1:26 am

Sometimes people are so willfully stupid that it's impossible to feel sorry for them.