Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2022, 10:44 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Then it seems like an "Irish Bar" in the NYC sense.

There's a TV in these sorts of places, there's barstools, there's a "bar" where you sit and have drinks. There might be booths where you can eat food. There's a jukebox, maybe a couple of video games. And probably a pool table.

The floor might be clear, or there might be sawdust on the floor.

I did say to my folks that I should cut out going to the pub on Friday just go out once a week on Saturday. However they still insist I should go out both Friday and Saturday :roll:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2022, 10:47 am

Your parents should think of better places for you to go.....

You meet all sorts of "characters" in bars-----not all these "characters" are decent people; they have an ulterior motive for anything.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2022, 10:54 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Your parents should think of better places for you to go.....

You meet all sorts of "characters" in bars-----not all these "characters" are decent people; they have an ulterior motive for anything.

Yeah there are some unpleasant characters in my pub social circle.

On a side note I have been drinking alcohol socially since 2007. I don't drink alcohol everyday in fact I drink lots of water and healthy foods during the week. So basically I avoid any form of alcohol like the plague sunday-thursday.

BUT really who knows what state my brain, heart and liver are in after a lifetime of drinking 8O

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2022, 12:30 pm

I seriously doubt it and I do believe she was telling you the truth that a girl you liked didn't have returning feelings

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2022, 12:34 pm

Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

There's a TV in these sorts of places, there's barstools, there's a "bar" where you sit and have drinks. There might be booths where you can eat food. There's a jukebox, maybe a couple of video games. And probably a pool table.

I did say to my folks that I should cut out going to the pub on Friday just go out once a week on Saturday. However they still insist I should go out both Friday and Saturday :roll:

Sounds like your parents are trying to get rid of you for a couple of days. Why don't you take yourself off somewhere nice at the weekends. There's a big wide world out there and it's summer as well. Get a train. Go to the coast. Do something interesting. You might learn something.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2022, 12:39 pm

babybird wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Sounds like your parents are trying to get rid of you for a couple of days. Why don't you take yourself off somewhere nice at the weekends. There's a big wide world out there and it's summer as well. Get a train. Go to the coast. Do something interesting. You might learn something.

Yeah maybe if I was easier to live with they wouldn’t ask me to go out twice a week.

That said my parents do go down to the coast on the weekends quite often. Maybe on those weekends I should give going out a miss.

rse92
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Apr 2022, 3:53 pm

Did you ever think that the reasons why she, as a 21 year old girl, is into you, as a 37 year old man, are the same reasons she's not into being dominant in bed with you?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2022, 3:59 pm

^The OP is not the 37-year-old guy with the 21-year-old woman.

rse92
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Apr 2022, 7:40 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
^The OP is not the 37-year-old guy with the 21-year-old woman.

Holy cow totally wrong thread. My apologies.