Russia warns US to stop arming Ukraine

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2022, 4:32 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Right now, France is having an election between Macron and a female Trumpian fascist and Putin fan, Marien LaPenn, who would like nothing better than to withdraw her country from NATO.

she supports the russian rape of ukraine and wants to form a strategic partnership with poootin. she is worse than what we had, she is like trumpy but with actual brains, evil and smarts are a deadly combo.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2022, 5:31 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Right now, France is having an election between Macron and a female Trumpian fascist and Putin fan, Marien LaPenn, who would like nothing better than to withdraw her country from NATO.

she supports the russian rape of ukraine and wants to form a strategic partnership with poootin. she is worse than what we had, she is like trumpy but with actual brains, evil and smarts are a deadly combo.

I don't know much about her other than she is hard right.
(Please correct me if I am wrong.)
Wouldn't pootin see her as a neo-nazi?
Isn't pootin against nazism?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

22 Apr 2022, 5:47 am

Pepe wrote:
I don't know much about her other than she is hard right.
Wouldn't pootin see her as a neo-nazi?
Isn't pootin against nazism?
"Pootin" is claiming to be against nazism while practically recreating it himself.
Le Pen has been openly pro-Putin and she's Putin-like "right": strong government, control on media, nationalism, isolationism, distrust towards "rotten West".
She's been known for openly expressing support for annexation of Crimea and voicing desire to form stronger bonds with Russia in the future.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

22 Apr 2022, 6:43 am

[Moderator]

Pepe wrote:
I don't know much about her [Marine LaPenn] other than she is hard right.
You know, there are things called "search engines" that can be very useful for gathering additional knowledge.
Just a thought... :wink:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2022, 7:37 am

My uncivilized aspect wishes Putin would be blown to smithereens.

There is some genocidal stuff going on right now in Ukraine. We're talking about the mass graves of thousands. It is just SO ironic that he's accusing the Ukrainian government of Nazism----when he and his soldiers are doing Nazi-type stuff themselves.

Why does the US feel so handcuffed right now? Why can't we just run ramrod over the Russians, and liberate what may very well possibly be concentration camps in Ukraine and nearby?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

22 Apr 2022, 7:40 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Why does the US feel so handcuffed right now? Why can't we just run ramrod over the Russians, and liberate what may very well possibly be concentration camps in Ukraine and nearby?
Trying to avoid nuclear holocaust.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2022, 7:42 am

Yes, I understand that. I understand that we must not make hasty decisions, and must consider the geopolitical aspects of things.

But there comes a point where there must be intervention.....we're getting to that point right now. There are mass graves. There are forced deportations. I'm lucky I'm not in a position of leadership----otherwise, I would probably make a hasty decision.

There is a moral imperative here----we have a madman on the loose right now. Or rather----madpeople.

Rwanda had no nuclear weapons. We screwed up royally there.

We (the "free world") probably did a Neville Chamberlain (in retrospect) when we did nothing about Russia occupying the Crimean Peninsula.

If we don't have a unified "moral imperative" that supersedes sovereignty, there will be more genocides. We must stop the wave of authoritarianism which is now, at present, overtaking the world.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

22 Apr 2022, 8:01 am

Well, I'm not a fan of my own government in general, but over Ukraine, I'd be doing the same as they are doing: support Ukraine in every possible way short of sending troops. This is a question of our survival, so the consensus runs across local political spectrum.
I'm hoping our Mig-29s got silently disassembled and sent as "plane parts", too.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

22 Apr 2022, 8:23 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
We (the "free world") probably did a Neville Chamberlain (in retrospect) when we did nothing about Russia occupying the Crimean Peninsula.
We (East EU/NATO) were protesting against this doing nothing and got dismissed as "rusophobes"...

Being aware of a danger is not a phobia.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2022, 8:29 am

We haven't learned from history, apparently.

Now, the people of Mariupol and other Ukranian locales are suffering the consequences.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2022, 3:31 am

is it a choice of letting the cancer grow, or of zapping it?